Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

texture question

I downloaded and installed "gap_mega_kerkyra_2009_255849.zip" from here, and I'm positive it's installed correctly.When I start at this airport, all of the textures on the island are blurry, including default planes, autogen, and the actual ground. The only things that are crisp are add-on AI and the runway, terminal textures. I suspect this has something to do with the way fs9 prioritizes with resources....Does this sound plausible: the game is being overwhelmed by all of the extra buildings, etc. that come with the scenery, devoting most of the GPU power to them, and then treating default textures as a last priority and leaving them blurry? When I first start the flight, I can see that the ground textures are nice and crisp for a millisecond and then become blurry as the game loads the rest of the scenery.Is anyone using the above scenery? I'm thinking about deleting the addon-buildings and such and just leaving the airport to improve performance. The wierd thing is that the frame rates are perfectly smooth, locked at 25 fps, and I can go to much more demanding airports like heathrow and frankfurt and the ground textures are perfectly clear.thanks

I downloaded and installed "gap_mega_kerkyra_2009_255849.zip" from here, and I'm positive it's installed correctly.When I start at this airport, all of the textures on the island are blurry, including default planes, autogen, and the actual ground. The only things that are crisp are add-on AI and the runway, terminal textures. I suspect this has something to do with the way fs9 prioritizes with resources....Does this sound plausible: the game is being overwhelmed by all of the extra buildings, etc. that come with the scenery, devoting most of the GPU power to them, and then treating default textures as a last priority and leaving them blurry? When I first start the flight, I can see that the ground textures are nice and crisp for a millisecond and then become blurry as the game loads the rest of the scenery.Is anyone using the above scenery? I'm thinking about deleting the addon-buildings and such and just leaving the airport to improve performance. The wierd thing is that the frame rates are perfectly smooth, locked at 25 fps, and I can go to much more demanding airports like heathrow and frankfurt and the ground textures are perfectly clear.thanks
As a test I just downloaded the file in question and the update also and installed it all to a temporary folder before placing a copy in the addon scenery folder and activating it.It all shows crisp and clear for me. Flew around the airport several times and it all looked quite good except for some buildings in the water on one of the approaches. This installation was on a default FS2004 setup = no mesh or other enhancement for the area of any kind.Sorry, but I could not duplicate your problem. :(

Hi May i suggest you use the HSP Base scenery and mesh available in the library. Makes all the difference in the world if you follow instructions exactly. Happy Flying.