Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian Ritchie

The best and the worst

Guest Terblanche

The best and the worstI thought to start a thread to see what you think was the best and the worst add-ons for FS2002 and here is my list:Best freeware planes:CRJ200

Guest SoarPics

The RealAir SF 260 is a must have. Curious that you don't like the Meridian... most of us feel it is a benchmark piece of work.My "Worst" list... any thread with the words "MAAM" and "RCS" in it.

Guest Terblanche

Yip - you're right with the RealAir SF260 as well as their C172 (despite the colors) ... they do brilliant work!You could add this one to the list!Thanx for reminding me.T

Guest Grey_Wolf

For best freeware as well as payware I'd like to add anything that Bill Lyons has produced!

Worst list? I don't know if thats such a good idea.Sure, there may be some things we don't like, but someone has spent many hours making it. I don't those people would like to read their products being listed in a 'worst of..' catagory. :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Meridian the biggest disapointment - please tell me you're joking right? That's one of the best planes I own and probably the finest one out there created specificaly for FS2002.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

unfortunately i have to agree the A320 has been a big disappointment, i do not buy much payware, but i consider the PSS planes superior, i mean i am still flying the 747 panel which was built for Fs2000, great job and value for money, i always wanted a small jet to fly, the 737 so i am waiting for the PMDG one, to come out.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Terblanche

Point taken John ...But it is only a personal choice - nothing personal that's why I don't want to get involve with arguments why and when and with what, for me for example the A320 from WILCO was a dissapointment because it costs a lot and it is because of frame rates unflyable on my PC and I've tried every trick in the book and every suggestion offered on the forum with no luck.It does not make it a BAD product, and it doesn't make WILCOPUB a bad designer it was only (for me) a huge dissapointment. It was bought, installed, tried and pain and suffering and hours on forums to search for help and tips, again tried and pain and then deleted. Then came the patch and it was installed again, with pain and suffering until I gave up! No it is gone forever ... and the only problem that remains is why I didn't wait and after framerate warnings from others simmers, didn't take my wife for dinner with the money - we could have had the most incredible dinner for two with a tip for the waiter for the same amount.As I said: it's a matter of personal choice ... nothing personal.And John - I could have added the A330 and B747's from POSKY as well, I have hours and hours of joy with the aircraft from your hanger! Thanx a million ...;-)

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) My "Worst" list... any thread with the words "MAAM" and "RCS" in it (...)"Aye, that's why I said that Bill Rambow has been digging his own grave by raising the godawful stink he did: the name of his own organization MAAM has now become a dirty word.Bill, if you happen to read this: please, PLEASE begin doing some damage control, and save whatever amount of popularity MAAM still has. Jaap Verduijn.

Guest jcomm

I couldn't agree less with you regarding PICA320.The VC proposal can be considerer vanguardist, ok, and the inittial release was full of problems (because the authors were forced to release before it was ready ...) but the first patch (1.1) has turned PICA320 into one of the best add-ons for MSFS ever produced.Also, I do consider PSSAirbusPro a must!Just my 2 cents (EURO !!!)

Guest Terblanche

As my post to John as well - for me the Meridian eats frames while other aircraft with VC panels and 32bit textures do not have half the hit on frames as the Meridian.There are other problems I had as well with the GPS and the fact that the aircraft appears too big for the scale of the rest of FS2002 scenery and AI aircraft but it is all a matter of personal choice. If the Meridian is one of your (pl) personal bests, then good for you and I'm sure that a lot of people will find some of my favourites not worth mentioning ... and that's also okay!I like to see that you like the Meridian and what other people will come up with as their favourites. I don't want to make the worst list the main issue in the thread - tell us what you like out there!Until then ... look over your Meridian's right wing, I'm on your 4 o'clock with Don Kuhn's Meridian available form avsim.com and flightsim.com ;-)Let's have coffee after touchdown.It's on me!

Guest JonP01

Interesting subject, especially considering FS2002 is in it's twilight. I don't really want to say what is bad, so I'll only go with the good. So here are the things that caused my jaw to drop over the last fantastic 18 months running FS2002:1. Lago Flight Sim Scenery Enhancer (you've got to love the folks at Lago).2. Abacus EZ-Landmark. What a briliant piece of software, and thanks to GeofA for bringing it to my attention. VFR flying has taken on a completely new dimension, especially when you fly with real world VFR charts.3. RealAir SF260. What can I say that hasn't already been said.4. JohnCi's Landclass Assistant and Lee Swordy's AFCAD. Yeh, I wish I was a genius too, but I'll just have to accept the mantle of being a grateful, humble user.5. Any of Bill and Lyn Lyon's Custom Classics. You have to buy at least one, preferably all of them. Best value payware add-ons without doubt.6. "Wetter" weather program by Klaus Pritchatz. Nice little program that has given me a lot of pleasure. And Klaus cares about his customers and puts them first. A nice way of getting repeat business.Oh, and I nearly forgot. All of Elrond's technical gems. I thought I was pretty good with computers until I met Elrond!!!!

Guest mikealpha

Best addons :A320PICSF 260Piper MeridianScenery Madeira by PTsimScenery Budapest 2003 by Andras KozmaMy favourite Freeware plane is the Embraer 135/145 by Bill Grabowski and Nick Botamer.I don't mention the worst (not fair), instead you could have asked for the most promising upcoming addon : Certainly the PMDG 737NG.And somewhat later the A340 by Anticyclone.BTW, A320PIC has a lot of finesse and innovative ideas, but most important is comes the most close to the Airbus flight feel. I can only shake my head if anyone rates this the as worst Addon.Mike

Guest jason2112

No one has mentioned FSD's GMAX Commander 115, it's a wonderful plane!For anyone interested in flying over Germany, the German Airports Series (1-4) is a must. It cost me a lot of money (4 x 40 EUR), but it's simply the best scenery I have ever seen. Looks great and is absolutely frame rate friendly, something that normally does not fit together ;)The best "misc" addon on my list would be RealityXP's Garmin 530XP. But I must not forget ActiveSky wxRE, which is also a must.I agree to the ones who refused to mention a "bad" list, because it has a lot to do with personal perspective, and might really hurt some feelings. I would leave this to in-depth reviews, which should of course mention if a product is not worth its money.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Guest Terblanche

VolkerI agree on the Commander 115 but I prefer FSD's PIPER CUP simply because it flies like a bird, has a wonderful frame friendly VC and I usually open the door (with / key) and pan outside while doing some flying with LAGO's mesh of Austria cum Germany.Can't wait for FSD's G-MAX Cheyenne though ... :-DThe GAP sceneries also made my top 10 list!Let's fly