Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian Ritchie

The best and the worst

I agree with John, listing the 'worst" is NOT a good idea, those designers put in too much time on their effort, it isn't fair!Also I have both the B25s and think the 'godawful stink" is more from Jaap's obsession with it more than anything else, let it be.Best for me, the Cessna 421, the AS365 Dauphin, Bjorn's MD500, anything by FSD International and Bill Lyons, ACTIVE CAMERA - top of the list!!! I don't fly heavies, but the 732 from Yeodesigns is really nice, as well and the CRJ from POSKY. Other catagories, FSSC, DTXBmp and NOVA are musts for me for my scenery design.Honorable mention, Brians PC-12 (hopefully he will get the opening door fixed soon ;-)) and Cyril's Gazelle.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Rockcliffe

Oleksy's Dash8-300Greg Pepper's Convair 580 and Greg and Tom Gibson's Convair 340Payware:PIC 767 still does it for me.And thanks to Andy Johnston, I have great Ottawa scenery to fly in and to Holger Sandman for wonderful B.C. mesh.Too many others to mention..BlairCYOW

Yeah, it just goes to show you what HIS list is all about when there is no mention the greatest ever for flight simulator- PIC 767. Sai Marchetti's 260 is one of the best GAs ever made.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest jason2112

Hey yeah, FSD's SuperCub is of course a great plane as well! Although at the moment I fly Bill Lyon's Classic Cub more often, it's such a beauty :) Just took her out for a quick flight over Seattle. Low and slow is still my favorite way of flying ...Bye,VOlker :]

Guest cw1011

The best freeware:Richard Probst's 707 and 727 panelsHistoric Jetliner DC-8s and 707sBill Grabowski's Embraer Panel (yes, still going strong from its FS2K days)FFX (is that the right abreviation?) 727POSKY 767 ER (actually, all of POSKY stuff is just outstanding)Falcon 50Rob Young's flight models for the default CessnasBest Payware1. PIC 7672. Iron Knuckles DC-9 (love the steam gauges)3. National Landclass project from FS Genesis4. FS Genesis United States mesh project5. Fly Tampa airport

>"(...) My "Worst" list... any thread with the words "MAAM" >and "RCS" in it (...)">Aye, that's why I said that Bill Rambow has been digging his own >grave by raising the godawful stink he did: the name of his own >organization MAAM has now become a dirty word.Isn't a dirty word on MY side of the pond................. :)And well I'm at it.......... best FS2002 add-on ---RealAir SF260, for it's special flight characteristics.Other greats are Dreamfleets Archer & Cardinal. FSD Cheyenne, Flight1 Meridan and Cessna 421. Also enjoy PSS Dash 800L.Adamson ------ still have both of the "fabulous B-25's"

Guest tkjake

Ok here are a few of my fav's1.MAAM Sim B-25J "Breifing Time"---just awesome2.PSS World Airliners. You get both 747-777 panels for $20!!3. FS Skyworld. great FREE clouds4.FSFlightmax by now defunct simsystems. not perfect but utterly useful5.Melvin Rafi's 777's and 747's. Beautiful, especialy with PSS panels6.POSKY CRJ,7677. Mike Stone's Connie, heck, most of his stuff is great!8.Lee Swordy's AFCAD and Traffic Tools9.AI stuff from Project AI and AI Ardvarrk10.I'm forgeting some great efforts so thanks to all***not listed on order of preference****

One that I would add to 'best' suggestions above is the Visual Flight/Getmapping VFR photographic (sic - not photoreal) scenery for the UK: payware and worth every penny in my opinion.Cheers, John.4m NW of EGHI (Southampton UK)FS2002 Standard on Intel PIII 733 MHz, 256MB with 32M GeForce2MX graphics and Windows ME

* the best: - PSS Vulcan (only my actual hardware react strange on this plane: may be there is a fault in my hardware; therefore I will update my hardware to the AMD 2500+ and try again with the advantage: ready for fs2004); - CS 727; - German Airports; - Eurowings Professional.* not so nice: - Fly to Hawaii; - Fly to Hong Kong.Willem

Guest jason2112

The SF.260 is still my favorite, you are so right :) If anybody is considering buying this wonderful plane, I'd like to mention that RealAir have a special offer at the moment (until May 31), reducing the price of the 260 to 19$. Now there's no excuse left not to get it ;->>>Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Hi all,among my favourites are 767PIC with the excellent POSKY model,RFP 747 Classic,PSS Airbus and Dash-8,German Airports,SimFlyers' sceneries,LCY2002,Freeware airports by the Mosher brothers,CYUL2002, ISD sceneries and many more...The worst one I've seen was a freeware 737 for 2002 I've downloaded. The initial reaction was one of pure shock - the gear sort of 'melted' into the fuselage, flaps were non-existent, I think. It sported a gorgeous six-sided fuselage and more... :) It turns out the author had his files mixed up and accidentally uploaded a CSL model...I wish I could have seen the faces of other people who downloaded the file :).Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I appreciate all developers but these are my favourites and are a must for FLIGHT SIMMERS.....PSS..747 777 DASH 8 AIRBUS DREAM FLEET..737 CAPT SIM.....727 GAP AIRPORTS LAGO HONOLULU AIRPORT...LOTS MORE TO MENTION BUT AGAIN THANKS TO ALL DEVELOPERS, PAYWARE OR FREEWARE

Well , whatever is going on with MAAM Im sorry to hear that. All I can say is the B25J is absolutely awesome. VC clarity and gauge fluidity is untouchable. Best plane this year overallBobG

Guest Funky D

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Dreamfleet Archer or FSD Seneva V... both great little planes!Paul