Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blazer

Virus in Tabarka 2005?!

Guest Highflyer11

I've just downloaded Tabarka 2005 scenery from the libary.While trying to unzip it, I got a warning from AntiVir, that the file is infected with the Troyan "TR/Dldr.Agent.EX.1".Anybody else getting this warning?Is it really infected? Hard to believe.Greetings Marco

Guest GCBarni

Files at these libraries are _not_ infected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Your antivirus program, in all likelyhood, is giving a 'false' positive. What is the name of your program and have you notified the vendor/producer of this detection behaviour? Have you tried updating your copy of the antivirus?

I often get false positives--most often when someone sends me an "fsc" (FSDS 2 aircraft source) in zip format. However, one area of concern are any self extracting or auto-install .exe files, since many virus attacks target .exe files and embed themselves in their code. I generally ignore any false positive caused from zipped scenery in zip (non self extracting) format. I treat with a higher level of caution false positives from zipped aircraft, if they include gauges. A .gau file is essentially a dll and there's a slight risk one could become infected. But in all cases, I "unzip" first so I can do a scan on the contents in their unzipped state. I've never received a virus alert on any download from this site--not even a false positive. -John

Guest A321

>Files at these libraries are _not_>infected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>Dont be so sure, and if you are, then you need a reality check. A file can easily be infected. Im not saying they are, but out of the zillions of files on avsim there will be one with a virus in it.Jason

Guest Andru

I use the same antivirus hence the same alert. It

Guest GCBarni

>>Files at these libraries are _not_>>infected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>Dont be so sure, and if you are, then you need a reality>check. A file can easily be infected. >>Im not saying they are, but out of the zillions of files on>avsim there will be one with a virus in it.>>JasonJASON, Reality check....schmeality check....files at these sites are absolutely _not_ infected....take it to the bank! If you have ever uploaded anything to these sites, you would know that they are checked and a "checksum" file is returned to you quoting the specs and a number that indicates that all is good. Otherwise, the file is not stored here.

Guest Ken_Salter

All files uploaded to AVSim are scanned for virus.I just downloaded this and found no virus using Avast.I suggest you got a false positive.

I got nothing from NOD32.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest rana

>>>Files at these libraries are _not_>>>infected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>Dont be so sure, and if you are, then you need a reality>>check. A file can easily be infected. >>>>Im not saying they are, but out of the zillions of files on>>avsim there will be one with a virus in it.>>>>Jason>>JASON,> Reality check....schmeality check....files at these sites are>absolutely _not_ infected....take it to the bank!> If you have ever uploaded anything to these sites, you would>know that they are checked and a "checksum" file is returned>to you quoting the specs and a number that indicates that all>is good. Otherwise, the file is not stored here.>>Hi GCBarni,I would then suggest not going to the bank: or at-least not the same bank you goto .. lolfor a second, assume I am a malicious author, I can write a new virus and upload it to avsim. There is a very good chance that it will not be detected by any antivirus software for a while, which means there are possibility of viruses.No offence intended.

Guest Blazer

HI..I have AVG virus protection..I update on a daily basis.I have downloaded and installed TABARKA and after reading these threads I ran a scan of my hard drives and the test result was negative..Thanks and regards to all..TH