Sign in to follow this  
PanavisionT16

757 wings texture issue

I recovered my PSS 757 after a reinstall and everything is working fine except for one issue; the textures for the wings are not lining up properly. Can anyone explain this? I attached some images to show what I mean.

I recovered my PSS 757 after a reinstall and everything is working fine except for one issue; the textures for the wings are not lining up properly. Can anyone explain this? I attached some images to show what I mean.
Sorry, for got to sign my name.Cody

Cody,Have not been able to reproduce this so far. Obviously a missing texture - might be one of the generic ones. Do you see this with all liveries or just AA - in which case, which of the two AA liveries?John R

The texture in question is the Details_t.bmp. The problem happens across all models. What's strange is that the other textures within the bmp itself line up correctly (wingtips, nose gear door, engines, flap track fairing, wing convergence belly section), yet the wings for some reason do not scale properly to the model. They just seem to perfectly center themselves without scaling to cover the wings. I tried downloading some textures from AVSIM but the same results occurred, so it appears I have some anomaly with my a/c.Another thing I was forced to do was remove the alpha layers from all of the bmp's because it made all the a/c's transparent at night. BUT, the wing problem showed up BEFORE I made that change.I was forced to obtain a separate voronoi.dat file because I lost the original, otherwise, everything is as it was when I first installed the 757 package when PSS was still online.Is there anyway to check what version I have?Cody

The texture in question is the Details_t.bmp. The problem happens across all models. What's strange is that the other textures within the bmp itself line up correctly (wingtips, nose gear door, engines, flap track fairing, wing convergence belly section), yet the wings for some reason do not scale properly to the model. They just seem to perfectly center themselves without scaling to cover the wings. I tried downloading some textures from AVSIM but the same results occurred, so it appears I have some anomaly with my a/c.Another thing I was forced to do was remove the alpha layers from all of the bmp's because it made all the a/c's transparent at night. BUT, the wing problem showed up BEFORE I made that change.I was forced to obtain a separate voronoi.dat file because I lost the original, otherwise, everything is as it was when I first installed the 757 package when PSS was still online.Is there anyway to check what version I have?Cody
Cody,Even if I remove that texture completely, I do not reproduce your problem. Notice you changed the aircraft.cfg to add winglets - shouldn't affect things as the livery included that option.Get back to you in a few hours.John

Cody,I'm not a texture expert I'm afraid. Its a pity Ben Jones who did the original textures does not seem to be around anymore.If it is a problem with the Details_t.bmp file, its odd that it only effects the generic elements of that file whilst those elements unique to the individual livery are ok.Even odder that every livery has its own unique copy of that file and that every one might somehow be corrupt.Seems to imply to me that the performance of details_t.bmp is only a symptom rather than the cause.Also your problem with night time textures perhaps implies a deeper cause.I do not recall ever seeing the like of details_t.bmp problem {except in FSX ports} but the transparent night textures prob rings a bell - I'll do some searching.If you want to send me one of your details_t.bmp files I can see how they look on my systems.John R

BTW Latest update v1.3: GAU file size 52781056 dated 29 Jun07John

Guest lgvpilot1
Cody,I'm not a texture expert I'm afraid. Its a pity Ben Jones who did the original textures does not seem to be around anymore.If it is a problem with the Details_t.bmp file, its odd that it only effects the generic elements of that file whilst those elements unique to the individual livery are ok.Even odder that every livery has its own unique copy of that file and that every one might somehow be corrupt.Seems to imply to me that the performance of details_t.bmp is only a symptom rather than the cause.Also your problem with night time textures perhaps implies a deeper cause.I do not recall ever seeing the like of details_t.bmp problem {except in FSX ports} but the transparent night textures prob rings a bell - I'll do some searching.If you want to send me one of your details_t.bmp files I can see how they look on my systems.John R
I can recreate this problem by just copying a 757 aircraft folder on to my laptop( i do it quite often for repaints)By just copying a particular folder IE PSSB752FR I end up with an aircraft on my laptop that has no panel , no sound , and has transparent textures as you describe.It is only when I have finished repainting and moved the folder back ( or just the textures ) does the aircraft display properly.It leads me to think that there must be a common shared texture somewhere in among all the PSS 757 folders Not much help I know , And I am nowhere near my sim PC to look Mark

Hi!Mark and John,Could you check your main Texture folder for these files:PSS-B752FMain_l.bmpPSS-B753Main_l.bmpPSS-B757Details_l.bmpPSS-B757Generic_l.bmpPSS-B757Generic_t.bmpPSS-B757Glass_l.bmpPSS-B757Interior_l.bmpPSS-B757Vstab_l.bmpPSS-B757Wing_l.bmpPSS-B757Wing_t.bmpPSS-B7523Main_l.bmpPSS-B7524Main_l.bmpAlso inside Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PSS-B757\texture there's a whole bunch of textures, but I believe they all belong to the VC.Hope this helps!Soft Landings! :(

Guest lgvpilot1
Hi!Mark and John,Could you check your main Texture folder for these files:PSS-B752FMain_l.bmpPSS-B753Main_l.bmpPSS-B757Details_l.bmpPSS-B757Generic_l.bmpPSS-B757Generic_t.bmpPSS-B757Glass_l.bmpPSS-B757Interior_l.bmpPSS-B757Vstab_l.bmpPSS-B757Wing_l.bmpPSS-B757Wing_t.bmpPSS-B7523Main_l.bmpPSS-B7524Main_l.bmpAlso inside Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PSS-B757\texture there's a whole bunch of textures, but I believe they all belong to the VC.Hope this helps!Soft Landings! :(
Hi Ricardo I bet they are the ones.They are all bar one light, bitmaps which would explain the seethrough textures at night , and the other on is obviously the wing texture and light texture .The ones you mentioned in the PSS-B757 folder are indeed the VC textures , these are the one some people convert to DXT in a desperate search for frame improvements .I think may be the OP will be requiring some one to send him those textures Mark

Hi Mark!I wondered what those textures were doing there! They must be common to all aircraft.Cody,send me a PM with your email and I'll send you those textures. But, bear in mind that my version is the Just Flight DVD fully updated to 1.3!Soft Landings! :(

Cody, Mark,Hope that things were sorted out overnight {UK time}. 1. Just so that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet, the basic PSS 757 texture file structure is:FS9/texture folder - 12 PSS generic texturesFS9/aircraft/PSS-B757/texture - 28 VC texturesFS9/aircraft/PSS - B75XX /texture.xx - 7 texture files unique to each livery2. The JF 757 has exactly the same filesAnyone still needs anything, let me know.John R

JohnThanks for the clarification about the file structure. My worries were that the JF 757 doesn't have the same liveries as I don't have that particular AA that Cody showed.Hope Cody has sorted his textures problems! I've send him those textures from the main Texture folder so he could try them.Thanks!Soft Landings! :(

JohnThanks for the clarification about the file structure. My worries were that the JF 757 doesn't have the same liveries as I don't have that particular AA that Cody showed.Hope Cody has sorted his textures problems! I've send him those textures from the main Texture folder so he could try them.Thanks!Soft Landings! :(
Ah. I have the JF757 but its not installed at the moment {I'll check tomorrow}. The PSS release has two separated AA aircraft.John R

Thanks John!I suspect that Cody has sorted his problems as I haven't heard of him.Soft Landings! :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.