Sign in to follow this  
KingCat

EGKK frequencies

I have a question regarding the freqencies at EGKK.As you can see in the accompanying screenshot, the frequency for ATIS is missing. I have edited the f4.csv file with notepad to add an ATIS frequeny. However, RC4 doesn't seem to recognise the frequency? The frequency 136.55 can be tuned with the radio.I have UK2000 Gatwick Pro scenery for EGKK. I always rebuild the scenery database after I install a new scenery addon.Jon

I have a question regarding the freqencies at EGKK.As you can see in the accompanying screenshot, the frequency for ATIS is missing. I have edited the f4.csv file with notepad to add an ATIS frequeny. However, RC4 doesn't seem to recognise the frequency? The frequency 136.52 can be tuned with the radio.I have UK2000 Gatwick Pro scenery for EGKK. I always rebuild the scenery database after I install a new scenery addon.Jon
looks fine to me. i'm not goint to display clearance delivery frequency at an arrival airport. not someone you call, usually, at an arrival airport.atis frequency looks like it's there.jd

atis frequency looks like it's there.jd
ATIS is not there. I have put 136.55 in the f4.csv file. RC4 displays 118.00.Jon

ATIS is not there. I have put 136.55 in the f4.csv file. RC4 displays 118.00.Jon
i'm pretty sure you can't dial 136.55 into the fs radio. therefore i treat it as an invalid frequency. but since you put something in there, i assigned the controller the lowest frequency possible. 118.00jd

i'm pretty sure you can't dial 136.55 into the fs radio. therefore i treat it as an invalid frequency. but since you put something in there, i assigned the controller the lowest frequency possible. 118.00jd
Hi,A quck look at the EGKK charts show 136.525 as the ATIS frequency.Norman Bowman

Why would you not be able to put 136.55 into a com radio?

Why would you not be able to put 136.55 into a com radio?
try it. i might be wrong.i think the highest frequency you can dial into an ms radio is 135.97jd

The frequency 136.55 can be tuned with the radio on the PMDG 747 (FS9). I see no reason why this should be an invalid frequency?Jon

The frequency 136.55 can be tuned with the radio on the PMDG 747 (FS9). I see no reason why this should be an invalid frequency?Jon
it seems that i was wrong. the highest frequency you can enter is 136.97unfortunately, the code is limiting frequencies to 118.00 to 135.97.i'll fix it it in v5thanks for the heads up.jd

Hi Jon, I have UK2000 Gatwick Extreme for FS9 and FSX also and, yes, the EGKK charts do show 136.525 (not 136.55) as the real world ATIS. However the UK2000 AFCADs for EGKK list the ATIS as 126.00. Why not use that frequency since RC4 has an inadvertent limit of 135.97? I used this freq in editing the f4.csv file (at least in FS9) to fix the CTD problems I was having with FS9's ATC.DLL file.BTW, the problems of CTD and ATC.DLL have absolutely nothing to do with RC4 or the UK2000 scenery add-ons.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Shame about the limitation, some real world frequencies are well into the 300's.

Shame about the limitation, some real world frequencies are well into the 300's.
and i bet for every one in the 300's, the same location has one between 118.00 and 136.97.have you tried to dial in a frequency of 3xx into the fs radios? i don't think you can. maybe you can in a third party plane, but not everyone is going to have that ability.jd

and i bet for every one in the 300's, the same location has one between 118.00 and 136.97.have you tried to dial in a frequency of 3xx into the fs radios? i don't think you can. maybe you can in a third party plane, but not everyone is going to have that ability.jd
The UHF frequency band assigns 328.6 - 335.4 for radio navigation and I thing it's primarily used by the military. Civil aviation uses the VHF band. The pairing mentioned is definitely true for the 40 ILS channels. Each one of the VHF stations has an UHF channel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_landing_system Doubt FlightSim provides capacity to use the UHF frequencies.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

...the EGKK charts do show 136.525 (not 136.55) as the real world ATIS....
I know that 136.52 is the real world ATIS frequency for EGKK. But I already use 136.52 in "Skytalkteam RealATIS" to get the ATIS when arriving. I was planning on using 136.55 as the ATIS frequency for RC4 when departing from EGKK. It's not a good idea to use the same ATIS frequency in both programs, otherwise you will hear them both.So that's why I always set RC4 to use an ATIS frequency that's one increment above the actual used frequency. When an airport does actually have 2 frequencies for ATIS (e.g. EHAM) than it's not a problem. Then I use arrival ATIS for "Skytalkteam RealATIS" and departure ATIS for RC4.Maybe it would be a good idea to implement some compatibility with Skytalkteam RealATIS in RC5?Jon