Sign in to follow this  
Guest moho125

Damaged Disc 4

Guest moho125

My disc 4 has developed a few cracks. I am unable to properly copy the disc as it is copy-protected..... What can I do? /Mats

My disc 4 has developed a few cracks. I am unable to properly copy the disc as it is copy-protected..... What can I do? /Mats
Buy another copy of Flight Simulator.

or use the NO CD thingy that no one can speak of.

Contact Microsoft and they will give you further directions for a replacement.

Guest ChanRak

Just read your message here. Got some bad news to tell you. I was told from Microsoft that they have stopped making anymore FS 9 Game Discs. So if you can find any that are left, I suggest you buy one and buy an extra set to back yourself up. It is not expensive anymore. Also if you call Microsoft, they will look into their data base and see where any of them are left at. I was told this early last year. It just so happens I have two sets. I ordered another set out of the blue wanting to back up my original set since I was afraid of losing the game itself. The cost of getting one last year was $9.00. The original One is the retail version which you buy from a store or some outfit and that cost me a cool near 60 dollars when it came out. It is Blue in Color. The other one I got straight from Microsoft themselves which is the manufacturers Distributor Copy was the one costing me only 9 dollars. This means it is the main copy from their master which is distributed only to their offices that sell the FS 9 game to be given to retailers. This set is pure off silver mixed with gold or creme color. When I installed this game set on my computer, wow, there are things in this one that you will not find in the retail versions, and ahem it is not encrypted either. It has more in the discs for some reason or another. Once in awhile, I take a peek Still trying myself to see just what got bigger but I did find some sceneries that were bigger. Also it has more night light rendering regarding to the cities. Why I don't know. On the face of it on all the discs it is written in bold Not for Resale - Distributor copy only and it tells which master disc it came from. go figure.Don't know but I consider myself somewhat lucky that I got mine and it turns out to be the distributor one at the right time and at the right place. I did some checking for you. It is the STUB.exe that contains the encryption codes and it has to match the first disc. Why because I looked at the INF file. It says where to go and to look before installing. Go figure.But you have to use certain software for it to work if your going to copy those retail versions. Search and ye shall find. Here is a hint - CloneSo first give Microsoft a courtesy call, and ask if they can find you another set of FS 9 anywhere. If they say they have some grab it friend and get yourself the extra backup, because they are not making it anymore.If you not believe me hopefully my attached file shows you the proof of my distributor copy. I have never attached anything here before so I will give it a try.Do note on that Disc to put it to the CD drive and not to the DVD drive. I understand that CD-RW's are going extinct and now trying to find them is like looking for a live dinosaur. Wow.Good luckChanRak

I made an image of mine and mounted it virtually on my computer. My FS9 discs stay safely in packaging and there is no long wait for the DVD or CD drive to fire up and read what it needs to. Works beautifully and no need to use iffy no cd patches that some payware developers do not like.Sean

Sean Green

Guest belga1

Hello,

I made an image of mine and mounted it virtually on my computer
That's a elegant solution ...Also if you want spare disk space .. you can also use a "mini image" (only some KB's) as the game just check for the presence of the CD N

If this is not allowed, feel free to delete, but this is perfectly legal : Once you install your game (purchased version :( ) , go over to game copy world . com and get yourself the fixed image file (if you dont want to use the NO CD fix). Then download daemon tools, mount the fixed image file into daemon tools, and launch fs9 as normal. No more inserting CD4.

If this is not allowed, feel free to delete, but this is perfectly legal : Once you install your game (purchased version :( ) , go over to game copy world . com and get yourself the fixed image file (if you dont want to use the NO CD fix). Then download daemon tools, mount the fixed image file into daemon tools, and launch fs9 as normal. No more inserting CD4.
For what it is worth--------I just logged unto the site you mentioned and while browsing the site it apparently attempted to plant a trojan on my system which my virus scanner intercepted.Perhaps it was just a coincidence but I would use caution. :(

Guest belga1

Hello,

For what it is worth--------
Safe site for me from ages .. never a prob .......Who know's ... maybe it's some pirates migrating from Somalia ? th_avatar40389_1.jpg3001dd9b.gifRegards. bye.gif

For what it is worth--------I just logged unto the site you mentioned and while browsing the site it apparently attempted to plant a trojan on my system which my virus scanner intercepted.Perhaps it was just a coincidence but I would use caution. :(
Did you get there via Google? I too found that clicking on the first Google link I got to a site that definitely was not the Daemon's homepage - NOD32 stopped a trojan in its tracks. Clicked the link again, and I went to the Daemon homepage. Spooky..OT - but has anyone else that uses NOD32 found that its picking FSUIPC as a possible trojan?

Louise

London, UK

Guest ChanRak
Mr. MarshallI know your one of the most respected veterans of the game of FS and I just had to write and cannot resist. Anyway, I did make a post here trying to find out about the APU power specs, and the actual 747 gauges that are used and trying to find out how many amps and volts and what bus tie or hot leads or battery it belongs to.I see in the CFG's and it is not good, showing all those amps which is twice than what a APU can put out. Therefore I suspect some of that power has to come from the engines when they fire it up, because I do think not everything is all on that APU. The APU runs at 1,450 horsepower, but I do not have the specs of the APU concerning its genuine output total amps and voltage pertaining to the minimum and the maximums.I know gauges use a certain amount of amps, and use a certain amount of volts. Then you have the rest of the plane to power up so something does not sound right when I see a gauge using 10 amps and 10 volts etc. A 747 has 365 gauges or switches. So I would like to know the actual power requirements for these gauges if possible. Where to find such I do not know. So I hear that a APU can power up the whole plane. If so, that is why I would like to know its specs.Anyway if you know of where I can find it or have such can you let me know.ChanRak

I appreciate your kind words Chan, but have no idea where you might find the data you are seeking.Hopefully someone will see your post and be able to provide assistance.

Hello,Safe site for me from ages .. never a prob .......Who know's ... maybe it's some pirates migrating from Somalia ? th_avatar40389_1.jpg3001dd9b.gifRegards. bye.gif
It was the 'gamecopy world" site which was suspicious.

Guest ChanRak
It was the 'gamecopy world" site which was suspicious.
Hi Mr. MarshallThanks for your reply. If anyone knew it well it is in their grave. Friemuth of all people. Also I was in that site today, no virus Mr. Marshall.If you go to the home page, you will see a notice about possible virus trojans appearing, and they have checked and their site is clean. They sort of pinpointed it too.Also I see here about the Daemon tools. Do not get that tool. Please read everything concerning about it as it will impede you on your computer.However when I went to look at the FS 2004, wow, they have the means and the tools to do the job if one loses a disc for the game. I tried to look for the FSX but none is there yet.However the amount of games is incredible on this site. Wow. I wonder who has the time to try them all. eh!!!!!!Hopefully someone can help me on my question as yet no response from anyone. :( ChanRak