Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC-8 Jet Trader

[FS9] Problem with FPS (goes down and up again with 100% CPU)

Guest DC-8 Jet Trader

Hi all,I hope somebody can help me out cause I'm getting the creeps of this ...The problem is the following. I start FS, create a flight bla bla bla and when the flight is loaded I get a nice 21.8 out of 22 FPS.I start the plane, do pushback etc and all of the sudden I see my frames at 4,5 after they droped from 22 to 15 to 12 to 8 then 4 and finally even reaches 1. When I check in taskmanager I see my CPU is being used 100% and after a check with the processes I can confirm that FS is using around 50%, non active systems are at 40% but then drop to 20 or even lower. There is no other process that eats the CPU, even not after checking show processes of all users ... As soon as I go to spot view and zoom out till FS only needs to load the general world texture I get 21.8 again ...Zooming in again so thet it starts to load mesh and rivers etc it drops again to 4 or less ...This stays like that for about 2 to 5 mins and then they slightly start increasing again in the same way they dropped ...I use Utlimate Terrain Europe and after disabling it and even uninstalling it FS still did the same ...So UTE doesn't seem to be the problem. After a complete FS reinstall FS still did the same ...Only addons used now are the aerosim DC-8, UTE, active sky for cloud and sky textures and real env pro for water textures.Sceneries used are Aerosoft GAP x with EDDM, DF EBBR, Aerosoft EGLL and 3 UK2000 sceneries.Last time I had such issues it seemed to be related to my videocard. It wasn't getting to hot, neither does it now. It stays at 70

Guest nelsonde

Similar problems, up and down seems to rule out an oom error. I've looked at filemon and can't see a pattern yet...I'll keep looking.Dave

Guest lgvpilot1
Similar problems, up and down seems to rule out an oom error. I've looked at filemon and can't see a pattern yet...I'll keep looking.Dave
Are you by any chance using a wireless mouse ?Sounds crazy I know , but I used to experience something similar when my POS wireless mouse was low on charge .Never did figure out why , I just got rid of the mouse and went back to a typical mouse with standard drivers .Chances are this has nothing to do with your problems , but FS9 is like a wife , Easy to upset but almost impossible to figure out why they are upset :( Mark

Guest nelsonde

Nope, Saitek AV8R. If that's messing it up, I'm screwed. I think it might be in my GA AI traffic - tried to streamline it (fewer and better models) but in the process I grew an error message in TTools Companion about an airport N6 that I can't find. Still looking - and it has occaisionally happened without the .bgl in the folder so it might some sort of bizarre synergystic thing.Still loving it,Dave