Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShaneRay

Black Screen/corrupted textures

Guest ShaneRay

Hey, guys.I thought I had this fixed, but it's still happening. Here's the deal:Load fsx default flight then load MD11. Go through normal procedures for whatever I'm doing.At some point in the flight, early or later, if I go into FSX or PMDG Menus and come back, the screen will either be black or I'll have corrupted textures.What I've tried:1) rebuild .cfg file. Only tweak in texture badwidth multi=702) older nvidia drivers.3) reduce graphics to almost nothing in FSX and flying in clear skies4) running with and without addons. These are:a) FEX (tried reducing cloud textures to 256x256)b ) GEXc) UTXd) ASA (ran with and without)e) FS2Crew (with and without)5) reinstall MD11 (tried release version, update 1, update 2)6) uninstall/reinstall sp1, sp2Only thing I haven't tried is a complete FSX reinstall. This is the only add on I'm having problems with. And, I have my doubts an FSX install will assist (plus I just did one not long ago and would prefer not to do it again so soon).My system:Dell XPS 420Quad Q66004GB RAMNvidia 8800GT (512 MB)Vista 64bitIf anyone has some suggestions, I'd appreciate it :( Thanks :( Shane Raynard

Guest ShaneRay

Well, I think I may have found a solution (Knock on wood).I found a couple of other threads where others has similar problems. One of the guys found if he decreased AF in nHancer that solved some things. My thought was, heck, get rid of nHancer all together just to see.So, I uninstalled nHancer and just used nvidia's control panel.Just finished a flight with no problems, and I seemed to get better performance and IQ. Go figure.Anyway, I'm not fully convinced yet that the problem is solved, but we'll see how it plays out after some more flights with this config.Shane Raynard

Well, I think I may have found a solution (Knock on wood).I found a couple of other threads where others has similar problems. One of the guys found if he decreased AF in nHancer that solved some things. My thought was, heck, get rid of nHancer all together just to see.So, I uninstalled nHancer and just used nvidia's control panel.Just finished a flight with no problems, and I seemed to get better performance and IQ. Go figure.Anyway, I'm not fully convinced yet that the problem is solved, but we'll see how it plays out after some more flights with this config.Shane Raynard
Shane,NHancer is not compatible with Vista 64. Check their web site.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

NHancer is not compatible with Vista 64Here I am using NHancer with Vista Ultimate 64 bit and it is working perfectly.It was advised by FS-GS to use it with FSX. :(

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Guest ShaneRay
Shane,NHancer is not compatible with Vista 64. Check their web site.Sanal
Yes, It is :(It supports all recent operating systems including Vista 32 and 64.If it does turn out to be nHancer, I'm thinking it's the way it interacts with the driver that is causing the problems. Anyway, I have the day off, so I'll do some more tests.Shane Raynard

Yes, It is :(It supports all recent operating systems including Vista 32 and 64.If it does turn out to be nHancer, I'm thinking it's the way it interacts with the driver that is causing the problems. Anyway, I have the day off, so I'll do some more tests.Shane Raynard
Good luck - and if you do find a fix that works for you, do please share it with the rest of us who are having this problem.(In my case, since uninstalling Acceleration and installing SP1 then SP2, I can sometimes complete my flights without this problem, but not always. So in some ways I suppose I've actually made things worse: at least previously I could be certain that I'd have to restart the simulator after each flight!)Tim

Shane - I had the same issue and resolved it by lowering the level of radius from large to medium on the scenery tab based on a similar post in this forum. Ever since I'm able to bring up the map, look at the PMDG Options menu, etc. without any issues.Bob L.

I have the same issue, I am glad someone else is experiencing this problem. I however use a 4870. Thanks for the info Bob, I will try this and see if it works for me.Jackie P

Guest ShaneRay
Shane - I had the same issue and resolved it by lowering the level of radius from large to medium on the scenery tab based on a similar post in this forum. Ever since I'm able to bring up the map, look at the PMDG Options menu, etc. without any issues.Bob L.
Thanks, Bob.I think I came across your posting during my search. However, running even at min setting didn't solve that for me, as I said.So, I just completed a flight from Halifax to Toronto (the landing was rough! I didn't have the MCDU setup right for the STAR and had to force it down manually...lol...still learning!)Anyway...second smooth flight(was in and out of menus, alt-enter the whole flight). All addons and graphics set as I would want them. I'm beginning to think nHancer was the problem. I'm going to do a return leg after lunch and see how that goes.Shane Raynard

NHancer is not compatible with Vista 64Here I am using NHancer with Vista Ultimate 64 bit and it is working perfectly.It was advised by FS-GS to use it with FSX. :(
You are right. Vista 64 is OK. I should say FSX DX10 Review is not compatible with nHancer. I am sure Grestorn from nHancer will provide proper info.RegardsSanal :(

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Guest ShaneRay

Welp, just completed the thrid flight.This time, the problems happened after landing. I was, however, able to recover from it after a few alt-enters. The rest of the flight was no problem. So, not completely fixed, but a definite improvment. Not sure why getting rid of Nhancer has helped, but it has.I'm going to try to decrease the LOD a bit ,as Bob suggested, with this config and see what happens. Only other things I can try are a new video card (with more than the 512MB I have now) and/or going back to my Vista 32 (I never had this problem in 32 bit).Of course, once I learn a little more, I can just make sure I don't need to leave the sim.Anyway, that's where I am now...Shane Raynard

Welp, just completed the thrid flight.This time, the problems happened after landing. I was, however, able to recover from it after a few alt-enters. The rest of the flight was no problem. So, not completely fixed, but a definite improvment. Not sure why getting rid of Nhancer has helped, but it has.I'm going to try to decrease the LOD a bit ,as Bob suggested, with this config and see what happens. Only other things I can try are a new video card (with more than the 512MB I have now) and/or going back to my Vista 32 (I never had this problem in 32 bit).Of course, once I learn a little more, I can just make sure I don't need to leave the sim.Anyway, that's where I am now...Shane Raynard
Following your lead, I've had good results so far with these steps:1. Uninstall nHancer.2. Uninstall GTX285 from the Control Panel, choosing to delete the driver files.3. Before re-booting, run "Driver Sweeper" (free from Guru3d) 4 or 5 times in Administrator Mode to clean up Nvidia Display drivers and registry entries.4. Reboot: Windows re-installs the GTX285.5. In the Nvidia Control Panel, Global settings, set anisotropic filering and antialising mode to "Application-controlled". Make sure there are no custom settings for FSX in the "Program Settings" tab.6. In the FSX Display settings, choose anisotropic filtering and turn antialiasing "on".This does of course involve a slight compromise on quality and perhaps performance, but so far it seems to have brought things under control in my "acid test" flights. Fingers crossed ...Tim

Guest ShaneRay
Following your lead, I've had good results so far with these steps:1. Uninstall nHancer.2. Uninstall GTX285 from the Control Panel, choosing to delete the driver files.3. Before re-booting, run "Driver Sweeper" (free from Guru3d) 4 or 5 times in Administrator Mode to clean up Nvidia Display drivers and registry entries.4. Reboot: Windows re-installs the GTX285.5. In the Nvidia Control Panel, Global settings, set anisotropic filering and antialising mode to "Application-controlled". Make sure there are no custom settings for FSX in the "Program Settings" tab.6. In the FSX Display settings, choose anisotropic filtering and turn antialiasing "on".This does of course involve a slight compromise on quality and perhaps performance, but so far it seems to have brought things under control in my "acid test" flights. Fingers crossed ...Tim
Good luck, Tim.Keep us (me) posted.Going to try another flight now. Also, going to uninstall and then reinstall the C++ redistributables as well...can't hurt.Shane

Not to be the bearer of doom and gloom but I have uninstalled Enhancer and flown long enough to have experienced the problem again without Enhancer. Also a search through the great wide web has indicated that this phenomenon is not specific to FSX. I have read many a post from other gamer

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I have an ATI card and I have the same problem.:( It only happens with the PMDG as I can fly the 767 with out a problem.Jackie P