Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Pattern work in Complex at KSNA.

Sorry, I cannot seem to be able to upload the .zip? TVUpload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of fileAnybody knows why? I will try it laterHello everyone.I have some people transitioning to Complex and decided to write a Mission to help them fly the Pattern. Pattern work always seems to be one of the most difficult elements to perform properly and I decided to write this Mission. Some of you may find it useful.The Sounds are highly compressed, to upload in a .zip, and they do not sound very good, but you can generate your own with Vista / XP and then convert them to .wav. Make sure you use the proper conversion or they may not work in the Missions. Post here if any questions / problems. TVNote: The Mission will work without the Sound folder, but you have to follow the Text Prompts that go by very quick, use the Pause key to freeze the screen and read them.There are 2 Aircraft models that you can use, the Mooney Bravo from FSX, or download the Free C177RG, by Brett Henderson, which has all the levers / controls found in the Complex. One word of Caution, the Cowl flaps position is Reverse, Open should be Up, and Closed is Down. I have the mods to fix it, and add the Carb Heat, but I need to contact to Brett first, before I can give it out. Tip (Hidden hand technique): Use the Flaps as you turn to Base and Final. This accomplishes two things, in most aircraft, it cancels the tendency for the nose to pitch down, slows you down to thresh hold speed without having to do a lot of Power manipulation.System / FS requirements.FSX, Deluxe initial release, no SP1, or SP2 needed.Installation.Unzip the file, "PatternInComplex.zip" and copy the Directory "PatternInComplex", to your ...FSX\Missions subdirectory.Unzip the file, " sound.zip" and copy included "Sound" to the Directory "...FSX\Missions\PatternInComplex\" subdirectory you just created, you should end up with the Path "...FSX\Missions\PatternInComplex\Sound.Overview:Estimated time to complete: - 10 minutes Aircraft:- Complex AircraftObjectives: - Takeoff and Land via instructions from your CFIIn this tutorial you'll fly a Complex Aircraft from John Wayne airport 19R, right traffic, and land back at the airport after making the proper turns and approaches. The tutorial begins on Rwy. 19R ready for takeoff. You will be prompted what to do. You fly Rwy. Heading to 600 Ft. AGL, then climbing right turn to 280, when you get to 1000 Ft. AGL (1100 MSL), do Power Reduction and proper Configuration and turn to 010 for Downwind, Start setting up for your landing pattern for the return to John Wayne airport.Note: You should hear a prompt for every leg of the Pattern, if you do not, check your Altitude and Heading.Details:Details of this Mission are as follows:Takeoff from John Wayne airport, fly Rwy. Heading to 600 Ft. AGL, then climbing right turn to 280, and fly for 20 seconds, when you get to 1000 Ft. AGL (1100 MSL), make a right turn again to 010 degrees and observe the location of the Runway. Abeam the Tower Gear Down.When the Runway is on 45 deg. behind the wing, turn to 100, start your decent at 300 ft/min. On Base Do not go below 600 ft. AGL.When the Runway is on 45 deg. Ahead of the wing, turn to 194, and stay on the Glide Path, maintain 80Kts.Land on 19R to complete the mission.Text / Voice prompts.cto.wavCleared for Take off, 19 R. Take off when you are ready, When positive Rate, Gear Up, maintain Rwy heading to 600 Ft. AGL., then turn right to heading 280, and climb to 1000 Ft. AGL,.xwnd.wavTurn to a heading of 280 degrees for 30 Sec., then turn Right 010, and maintain 1000 Ft. AGL, 90 knots.rw-45b.wavOn Downwind, do ACCGUMPPS, Accessories, Cowl flaps, Carb. heat, Gas fullest or Both, Undercarriage down, Mixture rich, Prop Forward, Pump as needed, Safety (Belts Doors etc.)., When Rwy is behind your wing on 45, Turn Base.pwr-gr.wavAt 1000 Ft. AGL, Power reduction, MP as needed, Prop in the Green, Cowl Flaps-Closed, to maintain 90 Knots. base.wavOn Base verify Gr down, Landing configuration, when the Rwy, is ahead of your wing on 45 turn to Final, maintain at least 600 ft AGL.fnl.wavOn Final, do your GUMPPS, verify Gas, Undercarriage, Mixture, Prop, Pump, properly configured Flaps, and stay on the Glide Path, control Airspeed with Pitch and Altitude with Power, Land on 19R.ok-rewd.wavGood work, you may want to do it again, Practice makes perfect.

Sounds good-I started working on a similar mission for pattern work in a Baron-but haven't had the time to complete.I look forward to more missions of this type-I think the mission potential of fsx is just starting to be seen thru efforts like yours.