Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

PC recommendations for FSX w/ MATROX Triple Head 2GO

In consideration of making the leap from FS2004 to FSX, I am looking for PC spec recommendations with the MATROX Triple Head 2GO. Option #1 - Gateway - Intel

My suggestion would be...none of the three. In my experience, a person gets a better bang-for-the-buck with a custom build machine from the local PC shop. (Maybe this is not an option where you live...??)I put my own together, and sometimes just let the shop do it for a minimal amount of money. These systems tend to be much more flexible as well for upgrades. And they don't come loaded down with crapware.The Sharky Extreme website is one of I'm sure many that will recommend the individual components for a High End gaming machine and a budget gaming machine, if you're not familiar with all of the components. I'm sure other simmers could tell you just what to buy.Also, regarding TH2go, make sure you get the Digital Edition, as this used 'bezel management' and allows the use of widescreen monitors. I don't know if they even sell the analog version anymore.Good luckNoel WBrisbane

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Guest jaskanFactor

With TripleHead2Go you will be driving more pixels on multimonitor so you need 1gig GPU and i7920/i7940 Custom build is best ideaI just had mine built custom by local shop, vista64 i720@3.8Ghz . gtx285, gigabyte x58-ud3r mother board.C:\ drive for vista OS------- D:\ FSX + addons E:\ storageClock speed is very imporatant to get descent frame rates driving multimonitor, so you need clock speed of close to 4GhzHave your pc shop build i7 pc with no overclock, but ask them to put a high end heat sink on your cpu.With Gigabyte mother boards there is range of software that run on windows that make overclocking your i7 as easy as using media player. So i would recommend a gigbyte motherbaord for i7 range. Just use thier EasyTune desktop software to select cpu boost options to ramp up your clock speed when needed. Very easy tool for OC.Get nvidia gtx285, connect tripeHead to 1 gIG CARD IS GOOD IDEA.

Get nvidia gtx285, connect tripeHead to 1 gIG CARD IS GOOD IDEA.you do not need a 1 GB card for FSX w/ TH2Go. i am running a Nivida 9800GTX+ 512 MB card with TH2GO and it runs great. what i will tell you from my experience using both "name Brand" computers or a custom built is i had much better success with the custom built. if i am allowed to say, i bought my last set up from Digital Storm online. they were great to work with, knew the issues with FSX and made sure i had the right stuff without selling me stuff i didnt and back it with a 3 yr warranty. I also got it for a good price. the web page allows you to customize very nicely. if you are interested, PM me and i can give you more information.BTW, they will overclock it for you and wannanty that too, good luck getting it fixed if you OC it yourself and mess something up.

Guest jaskanFactor
Get nvidia gtx285, connect tripeHead to 1 gIG CARD IS GOOD IDEA.you do not need a 1 GB card for FSX w/ TH2Go. i am running a Nivida 9800GTX+ 512 MB card with TH2GO and it runs great. what i will tell you from my experience using both "name Brand" computers or a custom built is i had much better success with the custom built. if i am allowed to say, i bought my last set up from Digital Storm online. they were great to work with, knew the issues with FSX and made sure i had the right stuff without selling me stuff i didnt and back it with a 3 yr warranty. I also got it for a good price. the web page allows you to customize very nicely. if you are interested, PM me and i can give you more information.BTW, they will overclock it for you and wannanty that too, good luck getting it fixed if you OC it yourself and mess something up.
ABout the OC, i am no OC expert at all, but to my suprise, the world has moved on from the days when OCing was for experts only.The Gigabyte motherboard on my new rig comes with vista software that allows me to select from predetrmined OC options to fit my system, reboot windows and its done. With newer systems, gone are the days where you had to go in bios to OC. Just two clicks from winfows and its done.That said if your custom pC builder offers to OC for you, then easier still, cause it also comes with warranty. But I was definatly impressed to find that motherboards this days come with a rich set of windows software to assist you, for example my Gigabyte motherboard also comes with windows tool that allows me to update Bios automatically from vista. No flashing, no taking chips out etc. If you can afford 1Gig card, ill take it over 512. This allows you to put big number for bufferpools in fsx.cfg. And if you cant, get512 with new build. GPU upgrade is always easy when you have the cash at future date.The OC you get using windows tools is not precsie like what you get doing it in bios, but still it 2 clicks and your done.

Guest hmstiger
ABout the OC, i am no OC expert at all, but to my suprise, the world has moved on from the days when OCing was for experts only.The Gigabyte motherboard on my new rig comes with vista software that allows me to select from predetrmined OC options to fit my system, reboot windows and its done. With newer systems, gone are the days where you had to go in bios to OC. Just two clicks from winfows and its done.That said if your custom pC builder offers to OC for you, then easier still, cause it also comes with warranty. But I was definatly impressed to find that motherboards this days come with a rich set of windows software to assist you, for example my Gigabyte motherboard also comes with windows tool that allows me to update Bios automatically from vista. No flashing, no taking chips out etc. If you can afford 1Gig card, ill take it over 512. This allows you to put big number for bufferpools in fsx.cfg. And if you cant, get512 with new build. GPU upgrade is always easy when you have the cash at future date.The OC you get using windows tools is not precsie like what you get doing it in bios, but still it 2 clicks and your done.
Build your own or buy from a vendor like Cyberpower - often the bios' of the gateways and the dells will not allow easy overclocking of the cpu. You want a high quality motherboard that makes overclocking easy. The best value right now is a system built around an 920 i7 Intel processor. It can easilly be overclocked with the stock cooler to 3.666 and higher - in fact, Tom's Hardware Guide did an overclocking test and you can use the values they manipulated on your own box. Very straight forward. Good luck.