Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Problem with A320 FMS Programming

Hello:I just started flying my PSS A320 after a long layoff and decided to program a route form KCLT to KBWI. I went to Terry Yingling

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you need to install the AIRAC for 0904 to match your termnal procedures.DJ

The first thing that comes to mind is that you need to install the AIRAC for 0904 to match your termnal procedures.DJ
DJ:Thanks for your reply. Does that mean that I will have to buy the AIRAC from Navigraph? I have never bought an AIRAC before. Have you bought AIRACS from Navigraph for the PSS Airbus before? When I buy one cycle does that mean I have to keep up with each cycle or are the changes small enough that I can skip cycles sometimes?Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

DJ:Thanks for your reply. Does that mean that I will have to buy the AIRAC from Navigraph? I have never bought an AIRAC before. Have you bought AIRACS from Navigraph for the PSS Airbus before? When I buy one cycle does that mean I have to keep up with each cycle or are the changes small enough that I can skip cycles sometimes?Thanks!Airbus
Yes, it does. Yes, I have - it works just fine and installation is simple. You can skip all the cycles that you wish since changes are usually very minor and our lives don't depend on perfect accuracy. I usually only update for changes that may include new approaches for airports that I use - new runways, ils's, etc. While you are at navigraph you should investigate their nDAC product as well - it provides a convenient way to get world wide enroute and terminal data.DJ
Yes, it does. Yes, I have - it works just fine and installation is simple. You can skip all the cycles that you wish since changes are usually very minor and our lives don't depend on perfect accuracy. I usually only update for changes that may include new approaches for airports that I use - new runways, ils's, etc. While you are at navigraph you should investigate their nDAC product as well - it provides a convenient way to get world wide enroute and terminal data.DJ

Guest iberia999

This usually happens for two possible reasons. When you selected the waypoint, you had an option of maybe five more waypoints with the same name but difference distance. In that case, you would have selected the nearest one. I would check your route in that case, just to make sure.Secondly, FS9 only has this waypoint registered somewhere 3600NM away from where you are meaning that, in FS! there isn't waypoint with that name closer to your A320. In that case, I would CLR the waypoint and delete it. Delete the other one too and your flight plan should be fine.Flight Aware is a very nice website but some of the waypoints are not in FS, only in real life. Let me tell you something, I fly the PMDG MD-11, PMDG 747-400, and the PSS A320 merged with PA A320, and guess what flight planner I use for US routes??? :( The default one in FS!!!! :( I just simply generate a flight plan, IFR mode, high altitude (duh!!!), and generate!!! Then you simply change the altitude to your preference, and a route with many waypoints has been generated. :( then just hit the details button, and you can view all your waypoints, just write them down somewhere, so you can insert them into your FMS. I use this flight planner all the time. Mainly because FS9 will let me fly IFR with it, and because it's still good and accurate.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.