Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

FSBuild site

Guest ha5mvo

Did anyone manage to access the fsbuild site?It seems kind of "under construction" with most links leading to "screenshots".the newly released(?) FSBuild 2 nowhere to be seen...//Mike

If you roll your mouse cursor slowly over the FSBuild name in last part of the avsim front page announcement, it should change color to blue...that's the hyperlink. I presume that someone at avsim will change this to make it more visible. But, it does work now, if you look for it.Sherm

Guest tcable

What would you like to know? FSB2 is quite comprehensive.Tim

Guest ha5mvo

ah, just how (where) to download it tim.the website link for 'FSB2 (shareware)' seems to lead to the screenshot page rather than to a DL//Mike

I looked on the FSbuild forum and noticed the same complaint there. I imagine it will be corrected fairly quickly ..... I hope so cause it looks like a heck of a piece of software !!!JimBob

Guest ha5mvo

it seems one can buy that stuff over at simmarket//Mike V

Guest ha5mvo

Ok. got the programm and it looks very impressive!!However, I can't figure out how to display AP's and navaids on the map (I mean also the ones not used in the FP).Say I'd like to fly from "that airport in northern sicily" to EDDM Muenchen. how do I go about it without knowing the formers ICAO code?//Mike

Guest tcable

Type in the name and hit the button that looks like amagnifying glass with a letter in it.Undfrtunately you can never get to 'That airport in northern Sicily' but the name lookup works quite well.Tim

Guest ha5mvo

Thanks Tim!as a matter of fact I was looking for a way to show APs navaids or routs in an AREA on the map (This way I can find that sicilian airport :) ).I'll try another example:say I want to work out my own plan. I set the APs, SID, I than right click the last weypoint to see what airways I can use from that point...But at some stage I might need to leave one airway and go direct to another.How will I see what airways are at my vicinity so I can choose the one most suitable for me?Is there an option just to see a map with airways and navaids even without a flight plan loaded?Thanks again for your help!!//Mike

>as a matter of fact I was looking for a way to show APs navaids or ?>routs in an AREA on the map (This way I can find that sicilian >airport ).Hi Mike, This can be done, in 'plan mode'. 1) You'll first need to enter a departure and destination airport in the Dep/Dest boxes. 2) Select the 'Route' folder on the right, and the 'Route' tab on the bottom. 2) Press the Plan mode buttom 'PM'. 3) position the cursor on or near a map area you wish to search. 4) Push down the 'A' button on the right to search for airports. 5) Hold down the 'ALT' button, click and drag the mouse cursor on the map, you should see a rectangle drawn. 6) left mouse click on the map to initiate the search, and you should see all the airways in that area displayed. For Navaids searches the blue compass rose symbol is for VOR's, the red/brown compass rose symbol is for NDB's, the triangle symbol is for intersections.To search airways push down either the 'L' or the 'H' button for either low or high altitude airways.After the search is completed the items displayed are objects, hold the mouse over a Navaid or an airway and it will change color to red. The list box on the right will tell you what airway or Navaid you have selected. So you do not need to zoom all the way in to determine what airway that line actually is.>I'll try another example:>>say I want to work out my own plan. I set the APs, SID, I than right click the last weypoint to see what airways I can use from that point>>...But at some stage I might need to leave one airway and go direct to another.>How will I see what airways are at my vicinity so I can choose the one most suitable for me? Yep you can do this. right click on the last waypoint and select the menu item that reads 'show airways that pass over waypoint' and the Map will display all the airways that pass over the flighgt plan waypoint.This also works for SID's and STAR's displayed on the map so you can see which airways connect to which SID/STAR displayed on the map. Regards. Ernie.>Is there an option just to see a map with airways and navaids even without a flight plan loaded? Yes, Fsbuild-2 plan mode does this. you can create an entire flight plan manually using the map this way. See this tutorial for some more information in this area.http://www.tecpilot.com/users/erniealston/...ials/pmtut1.htm Regards. Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest filfpg

hello,you honestly dont need to try before buy...ernie worked so hard you can keep this software for years and use and ask plans you ever cannot imagine with airplane you wish and honestly more profiles to come and last but not least ernie listen customers...truly yoursphil

Guest ha5mvo

Thanks for the prompt reply Ernie!!A brilliant program!!!! well done. You have undoubtedly gained a very satisfied customer. I just noticed there is an update on your site ('fsb2updates' ~500k in size). I didn't find the installation instructions though (or what issues the update should addres). I suppose one should unzip it into FSB root folder?oh yes, just another quick question. is there a way to get ils freq. and rwy heading?thanx again//mike

Yes, just extract it into the root Fsbuild folder.I just updated it again today, with 3 more aircraft profiles we missed, two A320's and one, B707.I've added the date so check there periodically to see if there are any updates.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg