Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guil

FSX scenery problems

Guest Guil

Hello,New to posting but not to following these forums or to MS FS.I am having a problem with FSX not loading scenery correctly, both mesh and textures. I tried to attach a screen shot but do not seem to be able to, so will try to briefly describe the problem. When I start a flight all is OK but within a few minutes, usually less than 10 miles from my starting airport the scenery is poorly defined and blurry. Seems like the scenery components that load around the aircraft originally are correct but once I fly outside that "zone" they do not fully load. This reminds me of FS9 on my earlier PC, if I used slew or time compression, it would look the same once I returned to normal speed, and then one could see the terrain "sharpen" and the textures "focus" all around the aircraft.This problem started, or was much less obvious previously, when I began using TrackIR with FSX. I have updated all drivers, DirectX, TrackIR software, and done many FSX reinstalls, ie. just FSX, then FSX w/ SP1, FSX w/ SP2, and currently FSX Acceleration, and tried running both with and without TrackIR, and with many different graphics settings.Any ideas as currently I am back to FS9 and Black Shark.Thanks

Hi Guil, and welcome to AVSIM.It has been a consistent complaint since the release of the sim back in '06 that it seems to require phenomenal system resources to get it to perform at a level which you might have thought acceptable back in FS9. I haven't seen one of these in recent times but back a year or so ago you'd see a lot of complaints about blurry textures. You might try a search for some of these. Usually the problem was inadequate system resources, and the solution was either to upgrade your hardware or to dial down the display features both of which led to a lot of frustration among users.I think you may be faced with these alternatives, although post us your specs in order to give us a better idea.

Mike Beckwith