Sign in to follow this  
Tallguy

Possible to 'kill' the wrong altimiter message?

Is it possible to kill the tooltip telling me my altimiter is set wrong? Tooltips are already turned off and since I fly with RC4 and mainly in Euroe, I don't need FS to constantly tell my I have my altimiter set wrong. It does that since FS uses the US setting of FL180 to set the altimiter to 1013/29.92.In Europe that setting is different, event between countries.

Is it possible to kill the tooltip telling me my altimiter is set wrong? Tooltips are already turned off and since I fly with RC4 and mainly in Euroe, I don't need FS to constantly tell my I have my altimiter set wrong. It does that since FS uses the US setting of FL180 to set the altimiter to 1013/29.92.In Europe that setting is different, event between countries.
Can you post a screenshot of the actual message?It "may" be possible to edit the language.dll file to remove that message.

Can you post a screenshot of the actual message?It "may" be possible to edit the language.dll file to remove that message.
It's the deault FS9 message telling to you adjust the altimeter to the correct QNH. I'll try to make a screenshot.

It's the deault FS9 message telling to you adjust the altimeter to the correct QNH. I'll try to make a screenshot.
I think the thing you need to turn off is not "tool tips," but rather "show flying tips." Sorry because I'm at work and can't check it out right now, but I believe that option is located in either the "general" or the "realism" screen at startup.

Guest belga1

Hello,

," but rather "show flying tips."
You right !Regards.bye.gif

Hello,You right !Regards.bye.gif
I meant flying tips (in FSx it's called tooltips). But anyway...that's already off. Did a flight yesterday but for some strange reason no message about the altimeter. Will have to wait for it to appear, so...bear with me. I'll report back wth a screendump when I can.