Sign in to follow this  
RobW

FSX Realism Settings - Engines

Hi,I appear to be missing an option in the Realism Settings screen within FSX. I don't have the option for "Engine stress damages engine" under the Engines section. I'm running FSX with both SP1 and SP2 installed (not acceleration)Any ideas why I'm missing this option? Help would be greatly appreciated!ThanksRob

Any ideas folks? Does anyone else have the "Engine stress damages engine" tickbox within the realism settings? If so do you use Acceleration or just SP2 on its own?Really stuck here! :(

Hi,I appear to be missing an option in the Realism Settings screen within FSX. I don't have the option for "Engine stress damages engine" under the Engines section. I'm running FSX with both SP1 and SP2 installed (not acceleration)Any ideas why I'm missing this option? Help would be greatly appreciated!ThanksRob
You are missing nothing: that option doesn't exist. This is all there is:mkozl.jpgMaybe you got it confused with Aircraft stress causes damage...?

You are missing nothing: that option doesn't exist. This is all there is:mkozl.jpgMaybe you got it confused with Aircraft stress causes damage...?
Hi, thanks for the reply. The image below is from a product manual displaying Realism Settings and shows the "Engine stress damages engine" tick box. This is what confused me as my Realism page looks exactly like your screen shot

LOL I am not behind my FSX computer right now (not within 3 hours or so), but I also found a screenshots which DOES indeed include that option! Haha! I can't remember seeing on my computer... Weird...!!! I'll check it when I get home, but I think someone else will have chimed in by then...

My guess is the option only comes with Acceleration, as it didn't exist for me before I installed Acceleration and I imagine was put in place for the racing missions made possible by the expansion pack. Since you don't have Acceleration (and therefore, don't have the air racing Mustang + missions), the option wasn't installed.Or at least, that's my guess; any non-Acceleration users have the option? Any Acceleration users not have it?

That must be it indeed: Acceleration. I don't have it and the OP doesn't have it installed either. Funny: didn't know Acceleration actually added new options...!

Thanks folks, so it looks like a feature added by Acceleration that isn't part of Service Pack 2. Now I'm wondering if I'm missing out on features within add-on aircraft!

Guest Greystone

It is an additional feature in the Acceleration Pack. SP2 doesn't have it.

I run Acceleration and I do have it. Nice feature to have.

I have Acceleration, and the engine stress option is ticked but it's never made a blind bit of difference that I can see. I've never had an engine run rough or fail, now matter how much I abused it. The only expection woudl be the A2A Cub and C172, which I am assuming is Accusim doing its thing rather than FSX.

I have Acceleration, and the engine stress option is ticked but it's never made a blind bit of difference that I can see. I've never had an engine run rough or fail, now matter how much I abused it. The only expection woudl be the A2A Cub and C172, which I am assuming is Accusim doing its thing rather than FSX.

That's because that option was put there for the P-51 Racer included with Acceleration. It's engine would fail if you didn't fly it correctly.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I think that option is relevant only to planes that came with Acceleration, P-51 Racer for example.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

There are several addon aircraft that use exclusive Acceleration functions, among them aircraft from A2A Simulations and Milviz. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!