Sign in to follow this  
Guest chrut

THR reduction shows invalid entry

Guest chrut

Hello to all PMDG fans!I've started to fly the B744 in FSX since a week ago and I've found a problem with THR reduction in Take off section of the FMC. But first, here is what the manual says (p. 40 in FMC user's manual):"Valid entries for thrust reduction can be any altitude between 400 and 9999 (feet above field elevation) or any flap position entry such as 1, 5. An entry of 5 will arm the thrust reduction to commence when the flaps are retracted past 5 degrees in flight."I can select an altitude here, such as 1500 ft. or it can be changed back to the default 5 flaps retratct setting. But when I try to putting in flaps 1 retract setting, the FMC won't listen and says "INVAILD ENTRY". The FMC itself have been setup correctly as per the manual (NORMAL PROCEDURE and LESSON 1). I've provided pictures below. Cheers!Here I want to select flaps 1Oh-ow!

Hi, I also can't get any other Flap setting than 5 (invalid entry). Jan-Paul

Guest chrut
Hi, I also can't get any other Flap setting than 5 (invalid entry). Jan-Paul
You have the FS9 version?

I have read somewhere that when flaps setting is used to trigger thrust reduction, flap 5 is mandatory. It can be no other value.Etienne

Guest chrut
I have read somewhere that when flaps setting is used to trigger thrust reduction, flap 5 is mandatory. It can be no other value.Etienne
Here is what the manual says (p. 40 in FMC user's manual):"Valid entries for thrust reduction can be any altitude between 400 and 9999 (feet above field elevation) or any flap position entry such as 1, 5. An entry of 5 will arm the thrust reduction to commence when the flaps are retracted past 5 degrees in flight."

Here is what I've found in Boeing documentation : "Thrust (THR) REDUCTION Displays flap setting or height for reduction from selected takeoff thrust to armed climb thrust. Displays armed climb thrust rating. Valid entries are:

Guest chrut
Here is what I've found in Boeing documentation : "Thrust (THR) REDUCTION Displays flap setting or height for reduction from selected takeoff thrust to armed climb thrust. Displays armed climb thrust rating. Valid entries are: • 5 for flaps 5, or • a height from 400 to 9999 feet" Etienne
Ah, perhaps there are some faults within the PMDG manaul... I would still liked it if PMDG-devs could confirm this though. Btw, where can I get hold of a real boeing 747 AOM like you have Etienne?

I stumbled on it while searching other information with Google and these key words "747 operation manual". It is not stated anywhere that these kind of doc are confidential or with restricted access whatsoever.Etienne

Guest chrut
I stumbled on it while searching other information with Google and these key words "747 operation manual". It is not stated anywhere that these kind of doc are confidential or with restricted access whatsoever.Etienne
Wow, thanks! I just found an entry in AOM regarding THR reduction from Boeing on google and as you said, it says:"The flight crew can specify the thrust reduction height where the change from takeoff to climb thrust takes place by making an entry on the CDU TAKEOFF REF page. This can be an altitude from 400 feet to 9,999 feet or an entry of 5 for flaps 5."