Sign in to follow this  
Guest johntren

sbweather.dll warning/alert

Guest johntren

I recently upgraded from AS6.5 and ASGraphics to ANA and so far have been an extremely happy camper. But since I upgraded, whenever I power up FS9 I get a warning asking me if I want to run sbweather.dll which may cause conflicts. I say 'yes' and all goes well, but I am feeling apprehensive about it.I have searched this and other forums without finding any useful threads. If you Google it you get a lot of stuff about an intrusive radio weather module which doesn't seem to have anything to do with either squawkbox or flight simming in general. I am NOT blaming ASA! It's probably just a coincidence that this started happening after the upgrade. I'm just curious as to what might be going on here.Note: This does not happen with FSX.My specs:Dell DXP051 X86-based PC x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel 2793 MhzTotal Physical Memory: 3.00 GBTotal Virtual Memory: 2.00 GBPage File Space: 5.84 GBMicrosoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 Build 2600NVidia GeForce 7900 GXT, driver 6.14.11.7824Creative SB X-Fi sound card, driver 6.0.1.1361FS9FS9 SP1FSXFSX SP 1FSX SP 2FSUIPC4, Feb 2009 version (registered copy)Various add-on aircraft and sceneries.

Hi,Do you have Squackbox installed? Did you ever?Thanks,

Guest johntren

Ouch! Of course, I hhad to go and leave out the most important thing that might have a bearing on this. Yes, I used to run SB3 and now I've upgraded to SB4 for both FS9 and FSX. For a long time, however, SB ran smoothly without this error message showing up. I've cudgelled my brains, and the only change I can come up with is installing ASA, though why that should make any difference is beyond me.Apologies for this glaring omission from my earlier post.John

Hi,Then I suggest checking with the SB folks about this message. I don't think it is because you installed ASA.Thanks,

Guest johntren

Already done, Jim, and am awaiting a response. Many thanks for your time.Regards, John