Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

VAS FMC (It all looks bloomin complicated)

Hello AllI like to think I am now a fairly competent simmer.No problems with ILS flights,using FSNav for flight planning and all the other bits and pieces of flying the passenger jets.I have as well got to grips with some of the more complex panels (Alain Capt MD11,The grabowski ERJ panel and recently the BAE panel project panel for the BAE 146 )so I am no novice.However I have just downloaded and installed the VAS freeware FMC that now comes as a ready installed version in the project airbus A 320( as well as there original stand alone version still available)Now I was sure I was beginning to get the hang of this flying malarkey what with all these complex panels and stuff BUT! this FMC thingy whilst looking the business seems to be up another level on the confuse a cat scale.I have only had time to take a quick look over the instructions but please tell me it isn't as hard to use as it seems at first glance.Cheers AndyPS All these people who post about the availability of free FMCs should check this out.While I know very little about there use it certainly looks to be the business in the freeware FMC dept.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

My only experience is with the PMDG FMCs but those are supposed to be as complex as they get. I too was very weary of learning them as they look very complex and hard. Best thing to do is do a few tutorial flights following along with the instructions, and just kind of play around with it. You'll get the hang of it in no time. Also, there are times that the instructions leave something out or you can't find a way to do somethig you want, forums like these are the best source of information. Good luck!

My only experience is with the PMDG FMCs but those are supposed to be as complex as they get. I too was very weary of learning them as they look very complex and hard. Best thing to do is do a few tutorial flights following along with the instructions, and just kind of play around with it. You'll get the hang of it in no time. Also, there are times that the instructions leave something out or you can't find a way to do somethig you want, forums like these are the best source of information. Good luck!
Thanks RedI will just have to fire up my mighty quad core brain :( and get to work.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Thanks RedI will just have to fire up my mighty quad core brain :( and get to work.cheers Andy
Start with the first version, vasFMC 1.x. It is easy to learn. The second version is very complicated with lots of extra features you can tackle later.