Sign in to follow this  

Will you abandon MFSF2002 for MSFS2004?

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Preorder?

Guest Joshieca

>Preorder?Yes sir! Unless I bribe someone at MS. :)

Guest Stratus_Fractus

LOL!

I'll say this, if PIC 767 and PMDG's 737 NG work great, I will dump FS2002 but until I see what's going on, I will hold unto it just for PIC hehe.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Right now, my plan is to wait a few days after release and see what the people on these boards say. However, when we get closer to release, I may be tempted to go pre-order. My 2 big questions are:1) how well will 3rd party stuff work with fs2004 without additional patches? Sure MS says everything will work, but even going from fs2000 to 02 broke most add-ons (until they were patched). I can live without the more complicated add-ons, but I need for at least the great freeware planes such as Posky to work on the day I get the game. I just don't want to be stuck with the default flight models, even if it is only for a little while.2) performance - the performance of fs2002 is really great. I have all my add-ons set and my graphics tweaked to get smooth framerates and nice visuals. Will fs2004 be another fs2000 in terms of performance? I'm really interested in the weather effects, but the reason why fs2002 went to the 2d clouds was performance. The clouds in fs2000 were nice, but killed performance.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest JonP01

As always, the advantage of being in Australia is that we usually get the thing a few weeks after the US. So we get to hear many opinions before going forward with the purchase.

Really enjoyed reading the diverse opinions. Overall, I'd say that most people trust that Microsoft won't make things worse with a new program. It's just gotta get better. Hopefully, that will be the case even with 2006. Thanks for all the great comments Stan

I will wait at least 3-4months. It does not make sense to get new FS just after release when you have so much great addons. When 2k2 came out I was waiting 5months and then I got it. When most of the designers will release updates, I will get cof. It's just my opinion..BTW, Second half of Juventus-Real just started, see you:-wave Jacek

Absolutely! The ones that dont do it right away will do it anyway at some point so why not just get it over with!Bob G

Will get it immediately :) Well, if my invaluable AI which I spent hours on doesn't work, then, will probably revert back to FS2k2. Nevermind about diskspace, I have 80 gb and only use like 10 ;)