Sign in to follow this  

Will you abandon MFSF2002 for MSFS2004?

I tend to agree with those who will wait and see. I always had the impression that every other release (e.g. FS98 and Fs2K2) seemed to offer the best upgrade path. Personally I missed out FS2k, as I wasn't convinced it offered enough. I am pretty sure I will wait a few months and see opinions on how it performs on various machines as I have no plans to upgrade at the moment.But the screen shots look interesting.....!David

Guest Funky D

I'll probably keep both on my system at once for a while and see how my FS2k2 aircraft migrate to FS2k4. There are some AC that I just can't live without, although I'm assuming the GMax AC will all work in FS2k4 without major glitches...Paul

Guest joea

I see no reason to make blanket statements that everyone will and should rush out to upgrade. Not everyone can afford to upgrade every year, I do think the pace of change in computer hardware is a bit too fast. I also think changing every two years is not worth it as MS has not been as open with 3rd party developers as we might wish so they have to figure out a lot of stuff on their own. To each his own.

Guest otter55

yes,i will have a copy reserved the day it comes out.i was not dissapointed w/ fs2002 and i dont see any way that i could possibly be dissapointed w/ fs2004i look for small improvements in each new version of fs and have been happy w/ each.i buy a new 'puter yearly so hardware is never an issue.don

I will definatly be getting FS2004 when it comes out. The upgrades that were mentioned for FS2004 convinced me that it will be worth it to upgrade.They mentioned that FS2002 planes will work with FS2004, so when I get FS2004 I will just move the FS2002 planes into FS2004.

Ditto. I uninstall the old one before I install the new (saving 3rd party and customized stuff, of course........all 10GB of it :-hah), although FS98 lingered for quite a while with the sucks-a-lot FS2000 until I got a 700mhz machine. It'll be the same here, I'll uninstall FS2002 and transition to FS2004 immediately after. If FS2004 sucks or is unusable at that time, I'll move the old sim back on with much gnashing of teeth and muttering of obscenities.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I'll grab FS2K4 right away. I'll still hang on to 2K2 for a while while making sure that all my aircraft etc still work. And hopefully I won't have to upgrade. :-( But it would be nice to get a faster machine of course.

I'm still worried that the dozen's of hours I've spent on customizing AI traffic and certain world airports will all be lost. If that's not the case, I'll be amoung the first to get it.http://www.expedia.com/pubspec/images/airlines/smNW.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest seev_39

There are four points to consider.1. Atmosphere and weather - From the screenshots already published fs04 is much much better.2. Land and scenery - big question. Go back and look again at the screenshots. Many of them don't look much better than fs02. That includes airports. Have a look at KDFW and compare it to Simflyers payware a/p. The new default fs04 KDFW does not look much better than the normal stuff we know from fs02, meaning we will need scenery downloads for each a/p we visit regularly. There is also a question about landclass. Did MS added more types of land use and more types of water bodies? Probably yes, but to what extend? In fs02 there are cities of 50,000 residents missing, is this going to be the case with fs04, especially outside the USA? What about highways, roads and coast lines? Are they going to more accurate.3. AI traffic and ATC - From what was published fs04 is much much better and this is great news for IFR and also VFR flights. 4. Will fs04 work with all hardware I have invested in, especially my home built cockpit. I hope we will have an FSUIPC version for fs04 as soon as it get on the market. The good news is that problems like installing 2 and more monitors are probably solved. The price of MSFS2004, $55, is really peanuts compared to all the rest. Anyway, I will buy fs04 the day I see it on the shelf, istall it and copy into it 2-3 aircraft I like plus several sceneries and utilities and after a month or two forget all about fs02.Have funSeev

Guest ha5mvo

I'm not sure if one will need to upgrade the system for the new sim(mind you fs2k2 runns BETTER than fs2k).as for the addons...well that's a different story//Mike

Guest estevesm

Well, I'm more of that "wait and see" type. If the feedback here at Avsim is good, I'll buy it and abandon fs2k2.At least, this attitude saved me the trouble of buying fs2k which was not really a good sim (I was flying Fly! and FUII at the time)...Rgds

Guest flightpro08

Yep, I'll be abandoning FS2k2 the day FS2k4 hits the shelves. I actaully plan on formatting my hard drive a few days before FS2k4 comes out to allow myself to work off of a "clean slate."Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Testerhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.86 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Guest R5D4

Eventually, but I think my modded fs2002 with texture upgrades (clouds/sun/ocean/roads/autogen), activecamera pro,fsuipic... has some life left in it yet- well, at least 3 months :-)

Yes....I'm the same as far as PREPARATION. I'll have my hard drive ready to accept FS 2004 the night before I pick it up. I will have deleted, scan disked, and de-fragged the night before, and be TOTALLY READY to load the brand new FS 2004 disks. WOW. I just can't wait. I won't be turning back but I will be looking to the future for flight simming. Stan