Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

FSX crashes when viewing options in-game

Ok, I've installed FSX under C:/FSX.I've searched the UIAutomationCore.dll in my vista system, but there are various. Which is the right file to copy in my FSX folder?RegardsStefan

I've copied the file from my vista system stored under windows32 into the fsx folder of my W7 system, ran the regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll command. After restarting the system, FSX still uses the wrong UIAutomationCore.dll . Any suggestions?Here is the version of the Vista UIAutomationCore.dll :

Finally it seems to work. As described here, I get an UIAutomationCore.dll from here. FSX calls this .dll from the fsx folder. Until now I did not have any crashs. Let's see how it works when all my addons are installed. Thank you all, it's a great community. :(

Hi!This discussion seems to be about Win 7.I'm running XP sp3 and and can't get the menus to work in FSX after installing sp2.Reinstalled FSX in the C: root and tried the UIAutomationCore.dll thing but couldn't register it.Is it even possible do this in XP?Excuse me for being a beginner with troubleshooting!RegardsMattias Nordin

I'm running Win 7 RC x64 had the crash.Seems to be fixed by just copying my Vista x64 c:\windows\System32\UIAutomationCore.dll to the Win 7 x64 main FSX dir C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XAt least it has not crashed since I made the file copy,I did not need to register it or copy it anywhere other than the FSX dir?AS per:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...26-f2ed6fbeae97

Guest Lrusso
Finally it seems to work. As described here, I get an UIAutomationCore.dll from here. FSX calls this .dll from the fsx folder. Until now I did not have any crashs. Let's see how it works when all my addons are installed. Thank you all, it's a great community. :(
This works for me even with FSX installed in the default directory. FSX calls this dll. Haven't had a chance to make flight yet but I've clicked a thousand times with no problems.

Guest Lrusso

Just did a short flight LAX to LAS. Intentionally used the menus alot no problems! Nail%20Biting.gif

Guest DanDare

BRILLIANT!I will try this asap. I too have this annoying bug and after googling the BEX error I came across a post that suggested it might be something to do with 64bit version of Win7. Not only was FSX crashing, alot of my other games were to as well as IE8 which crashes all the time. Yesterday I did a complete reformat of my machine and stuck 32bit on it to see if it made any difference. Sadly it didn't but now that I've found this post I'm happy that a fix has been found for FSX at least.I'm still a ball's hair away from going back to XP as all these APPCRASH errors are driving me mad.It is still in testing phase of course so I'm not complaining about win7 stability. As an IT guy, I can say in all honesty that once they get rid of the bugs and once applications are developed with Win7 in mind, it's shaping up to be a fantastic OS. It's basically what Vista SHOULD have been.Fly Safe:)