Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

FSX crashes when viewing options in-game

OK, I now replaced the uiautomationcore.dll file with the one suggested in this thread and might be to soon to tell for sure but so far no more fatal errors and for anyone else suffering from these fatal errors I also want to point out that I never had any references to this dll file in my error messages but the module was always 'Unknown' but still replacing the dll file seem to have solved the problem and no one would be more happy than me if that is the case!! Will continue to do more flying and see...
Glad to hear your problem seems to be gone so far, and sorry I didn't respond to the thread quickly. I usually forget to access the sub forums :(. On Saturday and Sunday last week I did about 10 flights all with no problems! FSX is running without any problems for me now, and now I can spend less time tweaking and more time flying :(. I am not exactly sure why it says Unknown, but it probably just can't identify the specific problem. If you look[ed] at the link I posted you fill also find some other things I did to fix the problem, such as uninstalling the Visual .NET installations installed by FSX and instead downloading them from the Microsoft Download Center, as well as the fixes/Service Packs for the Visual .NET packages.Good Luck :D

I know of that feeling beeing able to do more flying and less tweaking and tuning. Currently I'm more happy with FSX than I ever been before, having a powerful computer with the horses needed to run FSX the way it was meant to be run and with all such great addons like ASA, GEX, REX, UTX and also the incredible adaptive lighting fix found in another thread here at AVSIM and then enjoying all this in an a/c like the Cessna Citation Mustang from Flight1...now that calls for lots of great flying during these dark winter months!!

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mike2494

Hi, I have a similar problem with FSX and Windows 7 (64-bit), however my problem is that every time I touch ground, FSX freezes/lags the hell out of the computer. FSX worked perfectly in Vista 64-bit but now I have this problem. Also, its not just FSX, same problem in FS2004... :( I was wondering if this file 'UIAUTOMATIONCORE.dll' might have something to do with it?Anyone else had this problem? Any help is appreciated.Thanks

Guest craig62

Hi I'm new here so gidday from Australia, I'm using FSX/SP1, (if I install Sp2 I lose framesrates) actually all my software is illegal apart from Windows ;)...nothing been bought apart from my hardware, I had been having menu crashes eversince Win 7 build 6801 x64/x32 til RTM. Bummer esp, when you're 8hrs into a longhaul KLAX-YBBN route...but after following Post #23's idea, which i did at Xmas, like the man says, no matter how hard I try to right click or click any menu, its Rock Solid.....no crashes except Pilot errors...I took the UIAutomationCore.dll from Vista 64 system 32 folder, and added it to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder, which for mine is installed @ default C:/ location, opened cmd, and registered it, (regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll ) :( too easyEven if it didnt work for mine, I was no way going back to Xp or bloatware VistaI only fly PMDG or CLS, and I'm pulling 60fps (fraps) MD11 3D cockpit from the Gate, 180fps at 5000ft> consistant (depending upon weather) if its CLS or PMDG 747, my frames are abt 20% down...but I am just so glad the Sim doesn't crash anymore when clicking menus etc...thanks piotr0r!!!!! :( :( B)

Hi I'm new here so gidday from Australia, I'm using FSX/SP1, (if I install Sp2 I lose framesrates) actually all my software is illegal apart from Windows ;)...nothing been bought apart from my hardware, I had been having menu crashes eversince Win 7 build 6801 x64/x32 til RTM. Bummer esp, when you're 8hrs into a longhaul KLAX-YBBN route...but after following Post #23's idea, which i did at Xmas, like the man says, no matter how hard I try to right click or click any menu, its Rock Solid.....no crashes except Pilot errors...I took the UIAutomationCore.dll from Vista 64 system 32 folder, and added it to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder, which for mine is installed @ default C:/ location, opened cmd, and registered it, (regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll ) :( too easyEven if it didnt work for mine, I was no way going back to Xp or bloatware VistaI only fly PMDG or CLS, and I'm pulling 60fps (fraps) MD11 3D cockpit from the Gate, 180fps at 5000ft> consistant (depending upon weather) if its CLS or PMDG 747, my frames are abt 20% down...but I am just so glad the Sim doesn't crash anymore when clicking menus etc...thanks piotr0r!!!!! :( :( B)
Thieves aren't welcome here at AVSIM. Goodbye.

Guest 1stoffroy
Hi everyone,I think I have a solution for this. I had the same kind of problem when trying to launch Neverwinter Nights 2 on windows 7, which had a serious DLL issue preventing the game from even starting. So instead of letting NWN2 relying of the built-in Windows 7 version of this particular DLL, I just dropped its Windows Vista counterpart in the same folder as the executable, and it worked perfectly.This is what gave me the idea to try the same solution with FSX after I understood that the problem originated from FS X not coping very well with Win7. I dropped a Windows Vista version of UIAutomationCore.dll in the same folder as FS X, and I couldn't crash the sim by clicking the menus like mad, no matter how hard I tried. Then I removed it, and crashed the sim in a fatal error after 20 mouse clicks on the menus. I put the Vista-version DLL back, and no more crashes.I've made a flight test between TNCM and TFFF with the Hornet that comes bundled in FS Acceleration Pack, and it still didn't crash - once again, no matter how hard I try.So if you can get your hands on a vista-version of UIAutomationCore.dll, just drop it in your FSX folder, run a cmd.exe as an administrator and while in your FSX folder, run a regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll command to register the dll just to be sure, and test.It has worked for me so far. If it crashes again, I'll let you know, but I do hope I've found a quick-and-dirty-but-functional fix to this. I'll be glad to provide my configuration & system info if that helps, but I think this is what we need to eradicate those @#&! fatal errors.I wish you luck!Pierre J.

Guest 1stoffroy
Hi everyone,I think I have a solution for this. I had the same kind of problem when trying to launch Neverwinter Nights 2 on windows 7, which had a serious DLL issue preventing the game from even starting. So instead of letting NWN2 relying of the built-in Windows 7 version of this particular DLL, I just dropped its Windows Vista counterpart in the same folder as the executable, and it worked perfectly.This is what gave me the idea to try the same solution with FSX after I understood that the problem originated from FS X not coping very well with Win7. I dropped a Windows Vista version of UIAutomationCore.dll in the same folder as FS X, and I couldn't crash the sim by clicking the menus like mad, no matter how hard I tried. Then I removed it, and crashed the sim in a fatal error after 20 mouse clicks on the menus. I put the Vista-version DLL back, and no more crashes.I've made a flight test between TNCM and TFFF with the Hornet that comes bundled in FS Acceleration Pack, and it still didn't crash - once again, no matter how hard I try.So if you can get your hands on a vista-version of UIAutomationCore.dll, just drop it in your FSX folder, run a cmd.exe as an administrator and while in your FSX folder, run a regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll command to register the dll just to be sure, and test.It has worked for me so far. If it crashes again, I'll let you know, but I do hope I've found a quick-and-dirty-but-functional fix to this. I'll be glad to provide my configuration & system info if that helps, but I think this is what we need to eradicate those @#&! fatal errors.I wish you luck!Pierre J.

Amd I think I have/had problems :( , I was thinking about just dleting the CFG.fsx file and letting FSX build me a new one in hopes that would stop the stutter and momentary shutdown.........the thought of reinstalleng FSX is a terrible task.........but this machine (and it is husky), seems like I have lost a lot of horsepower in the last few weeks after messing around with the CH Products calibrations.........(still have the engines rev up when stepping on the brakes???, that is a new gremlin as welll).....any advice on removing this file and building a new one?? B42L8

Hi all,Not sure if this is well known or even a working solution (as i've yet to try it, but am about to give it a go)Just looking through the FSpassengers forum looking into instability of fspassengers with win 7 i found a problem that was applicable to me. i.e. clicking on a menu and then freeze and CTD of fsx.The solution there was that a windows update had changed a DLL and subsequently the errors resulted.On simviation there is a fix for the problem DLL which i believe you use to replace the erroneous one.Im about to give it a go and hopefully this will work.But for those who are still scratching your heads it may also be something worth looking at.http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type...=69&page=13At the bottom of the thread on the link below it also talks about the problem DLL.http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...26-f2ed6fbeae97Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

I just downloaded and placed the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL into JUST the FSX folder (DID NOT touch the one in the WINDOWS\SYSWOW64 folder as mentioned here) and I finished a successful flight from Vienna LOWW to Munich EDDM with the default 737-800, using only the default FSX as it came out of the box. I use the FSX Gold edition (with SP1 already installed). NO issue whatsover. No freezing nor any crashes. There is a little bit of stuttering at times (though very little, and mostly micro-stutters, nothing major), particularly when ending the flight while taxiing to the gate at Munich but otherwise, no big deal for now. Increasing mesh complexity to 100% seemed to cause slowdown and so I decreased it to 90% and all went well at the end (when taxiing to gate). I continuously switched views from the menu, and using my CH flight yoke button, and even changed display settings in the middle of the flight, viewed the map many times, and a few other menu functions, without any freezing nor CTDs. Just wanted to report this so that everyone is aware that this Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll seems to be working. I will try a longer flight tomorrow, probably a trans-Atlantic flight and see how it goes.John

Noticed the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL file I've been using to fix this problem which I found following some other link in here is not the same version and has not the same filesize as the one found by following this simviation link. The one I've been using is 155 KB in size and the version is 6.0.5840.16386 where the same attributes for the dll-file following the simviation link are 148 KB and 6.0.6001.18000So...I wonder which one is better to use or maye it doesn't matter...?

Richard Åsberg

Noticed the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL file I've been using to fix this problem which I found following some other link in here is not the same version and has not the same filesize as the one found by following this simviation link. The one I've been using is 155 KB in size and the version is 6.0.5840.16386 where the same attributes for the dll-file following the simviation link are 148 KB and 6.0.6001.18000So...I wonder which one is better to use or maye it doesn't matter...?
I had used version 6.0.5840.16386. I have not tried the other version, but my version works perfectly. The crashes stopped completely after putting it in the FSX main folder. Don't forget NOT to register it for Windows 7 has its own version and it needs this to function. Just put it in the FSX folder and the FSX.exe file will automatically find it since it is located in the same folder as itself and will not seek the DLL in the Windows\SYSWOW64 folder.John

Ok, I just reinstalled my PC including FSX and this time I'll start with the most recent file and should I encounter any problems I'll revert to the original one.

Richard Åsberg

I have been haveing this crash problem alot lately and i was close to start a job as a postman so i could snap.Trying to use the dll from the file list a few post ago, and if it works, im ready to send praise emails every day , LOL.Thanks to everyone who has been trouble shooting this problem.