Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bucslax

BIG PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP!

Guest Bucslax

I have just recently noticed (overnight really) that all digital readouts (i.e. autopilot display windows, radio frequency displays) have gone blank on almost all of my add on aircraft. I notice this on the CLS 747, Wilco 737 and PMDG 747F and maybe others I am yet to check. I am sure this is some kind of guage issue but seeing this across many different developers is very weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Bucslax

I have just recently noticed (overnight really) that all digital readouts (i.e. autopilot display windows, radio frequency displays) have gone blank on almost all of my add on aircraft. I notice this on the CLS 747, Wilco 737 and PMDG 747F and maybe others I am yet to check. I am sure this is some kind of guage issue but seeing this across many different developers is very weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Bucslax
Hi, It's not a gauge issue but a FS issue. When you start FS, go to "Settings" -> "General" and set "Display cockpit tool tips". That's all. Rgds,Hugo

I do not have any of those aircraft so cannot attempt to duplicate your problem.Do you find the same issue with the default b737-400 for instance (or other default aircraft)?I was under the impression that digital guages use the font named quartz.ttf which should be in your Flight Simulator 9 subfolder named Fonts. There should also be a copy of that font in your Windows/Fonts folder.It is always possible that it has become corrupted so you might try restoring it from Disk 1, Game1.cab. Any file in a .cab can be extracted using Winzip or other good zipping program.Perhaps the suggestion by Hugo would work but I fail to see the correlation between having tooltips active (or inactive) and the digital display in a gauge.Keep us posted!

Guest Bucslax

I I have always had that box checked, it doesnt seem to be the issue. Heres some pics of what im talking about. 747.jpg767.jpg

Guest Bucslax

Thanks Opa,I think i might just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing. :( It does seem if something has become corrupted because I have the font quartz in the fonts folder. I hope this works.Thanks guys for all the help

Simple question, do you have the avionics master switch turned on?Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest Bucslax

Yep, avionics master switch is on. Everything is on.

Weird. How about this: have you installed any guages lately? Try uninstalling the gauges you installed last, maybe that will help...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest lgvpilot1
Weird. How about this: have you installed any guages lately? Try uninstalling the gauges you installed last, maybe that will help...
Dumb question..What is the state of your default saved filght ?Is everything on ?Mark