Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChanRak

ATC Programs

Guest ChanRak

GreetingsI have here with me a Disc named RealATC 2 that was used for FS 2000. It was a good program. However I understand the site now is not available.The FS 9 is ok but really if you want to change anything it can get scewy at best.I am looking for a ATC Program that works for the FS 9 game that gives me all the allowances and responses that the Real ATC does in the Real World.I am aware of Radar Contact 4 and the other I believe being the PDE or something of that sort. Anyway does anyone know or have any other suggestions of which I can use and or do some research on????? Would appreciate any help possible.ChanRak

Radar Contact 4 is what I'll probably end up buying. It's mainy meant for flying the bigger jetliners (so no bush flying), and implements just about all procedures you'd want to use. The only glaring drawback, is the lack of ground handling: yu'll have to plot your own way to the runway and of course there is no progressive taxi. However, if you have airports that use AES, the way form the runway to your gate can be easily found with help of the follow-me van of AES. It's just the from gate to runway.There are some out here, indeed. VoxATC is one, I think, and Pro Flight Emulator which also seems to be good. You might want to look at AVSIM reviews. They will surely help.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm waiting for RC5, which should be released relatively soon i hope. It will include VFR flying and ground handling. That'll def be the way to go once it's out.

I'm a happy user of ProFlight2000 Emulator. I was in the same situation a year ago, fully aware of Radar Contact and Vox. I guess, Vox for FS9 isn't further developed, I'm maybe wrong.I would say with either you couldn't go wrong. I'm very pleased with PFE. The voices are top notch, nothing artificial to them. I get detailed taxi instructions to the active and the built-in co-pilot guides me there. I could use it for VFR and later change my mind and file IFR midair. Or vice versa. FSS is always there for weather and airport advisories. They have managed to interact with the AI traffic around you.The only drawback is, you first mus compile an "adventure" from a flight plan and load it into the emulator. Then connect to FS. From there, everything is a piece of cake if you follow procedures correctly. The co can handle a lot of workload or leave it up to you - your choice. In any case you get rewarded with great ATC, as far as I can judge.You could read the related subforums here to get an idea what people think and where the shortcomings of either software are. PFE seems to receive updates rather often and always free. So, no need here to wait and to buy a major release.

Guest ChanRak
I'm a happy user of ProFlight2000 Emulator. I was in the same situation a year ago, fully aware of Radar Contact and Vox. I guess, Vox for FS9 isn't further developed, I'm maybe wrong.I would say with either you couldn't go wrong. I'm very pleased with PFE. The voices are top notch, nothing artificial to them. I get detailed taxi instructions to the active and the built-in co-pilot guides me there. I could use it for VFR and later change my mind and file IFR midair. Or vice versa. FSS is always there for weather and airport advisories. They have managed to interact with the AI traffic around you.The only drawback is, you first mus compile an "adventure" from a flight plan and load it into the emulator. Then connect to FS. From there, everything is a piece of cake if you follow procedures correctly. The co can handle a lot of workload or leave it up to you - your choice. In any case you get rewarded with great ATC, as far as I can judge.You could read the related subforums here to get an idea what people think and where the shortcomings of either software are. PFE seems to receive updates rather often and always free. So, no need here to wait and to buy a major release.
Also the other quoted the following opinion on Radar Contact > The only glaring drawback, is the lack of ground handling: yu'll have to plot your own way to the runway and of course there is no progressive taxiNow does PFE have this same problem like the last paragraph ^ or does it have ground handling and progressive taxi.Progressive taxi I think is a must because a lot of the scenerys have signs right on the taxi way or none at all and if your not familiar with the airport you will not know which direction to go.I don't know if using FS9 progressive taxi can be utilized in conjunction with the 3rd party addon regarding ATC???In the real world the PF or PNF gets tower instructions of taxiways either for departure or arrival. If the PF and or PNF are not familiar with the airport they notify tower, and the tower gives them specific instructions where to go and when to make the turn etc. They still continue using this old system yet at current time. Today the towers have a locator of every aircraft on the ground that is using the squawk code and now the planes have a map display which shows the route to go when given at any airport either for departure or arrival. Something like a GPS itself.What the airline industry is trying to do is free up the load on the PF and PNF so they can reduce verbal radio contact, and concentrate on more important areas that need to be focused on such as traffic around the airport for incoming and outgoing aircraft. One has to remember they keep these planes very close. Example, a 737 takes off, and a minute later a 747 comes in for landing. They try to make it seamless and keep speed regarding traffic. After the 747 lands a 757 will be lining up into position ready for takeoff. Once the 747 clears the runway, the 757 is told to go, and shortly after that say a 777 comes in for a landing. On a given day ORD can have all 5-6 runways in use!!!!! If you were outside on the given day especially at night time, it is really something to see. Like a real Xmas lights display of so many planes moving around.What bothers me the most is say you come in from Narita on NWA and your final destination is ORD. Well they make you land in Detroit, and then you have to catch a commuter to get to Chicago. Sometimes they force you to land at Minneapolis and then you get to go to Chicago or force you to Detroit and then to Chicago. It is terrible today. There is a large jetway for International flights at the international terminal so why not NWA make it a direct flight??? I think it has something to do with renting the gate and NWA is trying to cut costs.In the old days it was so nice. Any plane that needed a spot at a specific terminal it was always shared together with other carriers. Also you had more direct destination flights and not have to be bouncing from one airport to another, and none of this TSA crap or restrictions to the gate terminals. It was a real breeze and a real enjoyment to fly and be able to watch your family wave you goodbye when you departed at the gate. Today they fight like cats and dogs, restrict access to gate terminals, search your &@($* up and down, both body and luggage and then hop you all around before you get to say hello to pops in LAX. Anybody who says this is OK today your nuts and you definitely missed out the real fun of flying. For me it is pure hell and murder to my body!!!!! I used to fly every year once or twice a year. Today, I avoid it like the plague.All it takes is a few bozo's to make it miserable for everyone. If you not believe me, read up in the news of just recently about a 747 flying low over NY with the F16 taking pics of the plane near miss liberty. The people in NY panicked so bad they ran out to the streets from the high rise towers!!!!!!!!Talk about a city scared sh*tless of planes. What a life man.What America does not realize is these Bozo's really won after all indeed. Their objective was to get America into a panicky state of mind, and get them so paranoid that they think everything is a threat to America always on full alert and emergency. How so, well I went to the Sears Tower and wanted to get to the top to see Chicago. Talk about security all around that building, and searching you and all the hassle it takes just to get to the top of the Sears Tower. The objective was not to smash planes into buildings used by the public. The bozo's choosed this option when their primary agenda began to fall apart. The real true targets was the White House and the Pentagon or some other building for some unknown reason or another. I just told you above their real true motives and objectives and America is helping them win which is very true.Today America is living in a state of FEAR!!!!!!ChanRak

In brief,PFE gives you taxi instruction: "Taxi to runway and hold short XY via taxiway Alpha, Charlie, Foxtrot...."A voice tells you to go straight, turn next left/right to guide you to the active.You can't use the built-in ATC to communicate because PFE controls the keyboard shortcuts.Arrival is different. After touch down and leaving the active, you are told to taxi to the terminal. That's it. I can check if that can't be change.

Guest ChanRak
In brief,PFE gives you taxi instruction: "Taxi to runway and hold short XY via taxiway Alpha, Charlie, Foxtrot...."A voice tells you to go straight, turn next left/right to guide you to the active.You can't use the built-in ATC to communicate because PFE controls the keyboard shortcuts.Arrival is different. After touch down and leaving the active, you are told to taxi to the terminal. That's it. I can check if that can't be change.
HiHuh, are you saying that the PFE leaves the last part of the ATC out as of instructions to go to the gate and directions upon arrival. Why??? If they can do for your departure why not arrival to complete the entire ATC usage. HmmmmThis would mean the program is only 95% complete.I am sure that there has to be a better ATC package somewhere around that can do everything and not leave a portion out. If they leave a portion out what good is it to buy it????? Makes no sense.If you can check please do, and let me know.ChanRak

Guest ChanRak

Hi all,Does anyone know or can give me an opinion about VOX ATC???? Went to their site hmmmm, and very enticing to say the least.Would appreciate some comments and opinions of other users using this program like pros and cons.ChanRak

Guest Dave March
HiHuh, are you saying that the PFE leaves the last part of the ATC out as of instructions to go to the gate and directions upon arrival. Why??? If they can do for your departure why not arrival to complete the entire ATC usage. HmmmmThis would mean the program is only 95% complete.I am sure that there has to be a better ATC package somewhere around that can do everything and not leave a portion out. If they leave a portion out what good is it to buy it????? Makes no sense.If you can check please do, and let me know.ChanRak
ChanRak,PFE gives you FULL taxi instructions both at departure and destination airports (to/from the runway). We did manage to 'break' taxi instructions at the destination in version 2.10 but fixed it in 2.11. Your PNF will then give you audible instructions as to which way to turn during your taxi... i.e. turn left taxiway delta..... bear right...... straight on.... etc, etc. etc.Please check our website for full details and you will see we have introduced many 'firsts' for an ATC program like the Taxi Guidance System, Ocenaic Procedures, ACARS reporting, Designated Gates for parking to name but a few and with many more in the pipeline. :( If you have further questions why not pop along to our dedicated support forum right here at AVSIM.

RC5? Is that going to be released soon? Let's hope it has ground handling incorporated in it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest ChanRak
ChanRak,PFE gives you FULL taxi instructions both at departure and destination airports (to/from the runway). We did manage to 'break' taxi instructions at the destination in version 2.10 but fixed it in 2.11. Your PNF will then give you audible instructions as to which way to turn during your taxi... i.e. turn left taxiway delta..... bear right...... straight on.... etc, etc. etc.Please check our website for full details and you will see we have introduced many 'firsts' for an ATC program like the Taxi Guidance System, Ocenaic Procedures, ACARS reporting, Designated Gates for parking to name but a few and with many more in the pipeline. :( If you have further questions why not pop along to our dedicated support forum right here at AVSIM.
Greetings Mr. MarchIt has been a very long time since you and I have made contact and corresponded in the past. Just to let you know I am doing fine and trying now to update/upgrade myself regarding the FS 9 game. I have your original FDC disc here with me by the way. No offense but I got frustrated with FDC itself, even tho is is a fine program, but I really would like rather to fly this plane and give instructions to my PNF without having to constantly hit the keyboard all the time etc and have the PNF answer to the ATC when required etc. Also I have been watching a lot of posts as well from so many members having problems with this or that etc. So I gave up and never installed it again.Anyway now today I am exploring my options, such as SCombo, or VOX ATC, or RC4, FS2Crew etc. Trying to find the right setup for myself. I am disabled and my funds are limited so financially I can only afford a certain amount to spend for the game itself.I have absolutely no intention to get FSX. Too many problems. Also have no intention to get Vista either. A major headache itself. Microsoft I understand laid off the game people recently and put off the FS10 for the time being so it may or may not ever come out. Remains to be seen.VOX ATC comes closest so far being hands free of the keyboard, yet a lot of bugs involved in that program, so I am a bit hesitant. RC4 and PFE is a toss up, requiring some keyboard usage. So really I don't know where to turn as of yet since nothing really strikes me head on quality wise and problem free wise. Really I can chuckle since I have the disc called Real ATC 2 for FS 2000 and that business is long gone with no web site either. Whew boy.With so many good people departing from us, and some good sites closing down including Yahoo Geocities, and the layoffs ongoing, etc and etc, I am not sure what is going to be left standing at the end of the disaster.Truthfully I have yet come across a plane that has the correct balancing and flight dynamics and so many panels are bad to say the least, however only 2 planes come to mind, RFP and IFly and the former PSS 747, come close, but alas, the gauges is what keeps us alive!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for that much. As of the flight dynamics all of us lost the most important person and that was Ron Friemuth. RIP. He was teaching me about those airfiles, and left me a bit too soon right smack dab in the middle of it too. Took the rest of his secrets to his grave. Also I lost a good friend who was very savvy about aircraft and his mathematician skills unheard of. That was Fossett himself. We both were working on creating a plane together that would be perfect and as real as it gets dynamics wise being a 747-400 and most unfortunately he got killed. So I am still sitting on it half done. So now I have to find somebody who has some inner knowledge of the airfiles itself to work the rest of it out. Doing it bit by bit as I don't like to copy someone else's work. If it comes out the same then I will use it.Other than that I am probably stuck right in the middle of a vacuum someplace. With so much going on in the game itself, as I see what you quoted above, it is now very complex and it becomes twice as difficult just to get the right combinations that work seamlessly together without having conflicts.As of your invitation to check out the site, I will drop in and view it to see what is going on. I plan to take my time and check things out, and ask people for their opinions of pros and cons and hopefully I can reach the point and make a decison of what to get or not to get etc.I am also still wondering if getting the Quad 9550 gives problems for the game. Came across a topic concerning such and have questions on it as well, since I am also trying to upgrade my computer system to handle the newer technologies today and its speed requirements etc. This part was a surprise for me since I always thought the FS 9 game is based on the minimums and not by processor types. Need to find out more about this issue.The new computer set up is all decided pending the Quad issue for the FS 9 game. Other than that all systems are go.As to you Mr. March, I do extend my sincere respect to you as you are one of the elite members of veterans of the game and is well respected. You and Marshall and a few others should be in the Flight Simulation Hall of Fame. The dedication of these important members cannot be measured as it being so valued and without you people this game would not have reached the heights as it is today. So I do thank all of you veterans for laying the path and the ground work to improve this game to be enjoyed by all. :( :( ChanRak

Ahhh...maybe I haven't updated from 2.10 it seems. I don't bother taxiing to the terminal after touch down. Well, good then and PFE is really great.

GreetingsI have here with me a Disc named RealATC 2 that was used for FS 2000. It was a good program. However I understand the site now is not available.The FS 9 is ok but really if you want to change anything it can get scewy at best.I am looking for a ATC Program that works for the FS 9 game that gives me all the allowances and responses that the Real ATC does in the Real World.I am aware of Radar Contact 4 and the other I believe being the PDE or something of that sort. Anyway does anyone know or have any other suggestions of which I can use and or do some research on????? Would appreciate any help possible.ChanRak
While your posts are old and so am I, you might want to check out the Ultimate RealATC product from the guyy who wrote RealATC2.