Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Any information on airport SPWT (ICAO)?

I've Googled this for an hour and can find nothing relevant (just the odd mention of the airport in blogs):http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...earch&meta= - and half of those come with a warning that the site 'may harm your computer'!SPWT is (supposedly) Malvinas airport in Peru (not Falklands). I have a scenery for it on FS9, but the ICAO code of SPWT draws a blank online, and at all my known airport database sites. It's as if it doesn't exist - but it does, it's certianly there in Google Earth (S11 51 20 - W72 56 23).There's no default FS9 airport there, nor in FSX. Anyone able to find anything at all about this airport? I've never looked for an airport online before and drawn a complete blank..Martin

Martin,If you have an addon FS9 scenery already installed for this Malvinas (SPWT) airport then it will not show up anywhere because there is evidently no Afcad data included in that scenery.You will have to make your own Afcad file and include it. The airport will then appear in the "Go to Airport" drop down menu.As you already have SPWT's position you can make an "Airport reference point" and a rough runway with start positions etc. When you then go there via the drop down menu's "Go to Airport" you can then slew to the exact position and correct everything etc. Good luckHans

Hans,Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I am OK in FS9 - there is an AFCAD. I was asking for information on the real-world airport,Martin

Hans,Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I am OK in FS9 - there is an AFCAD. I was asking for information on the real-world airport,Martin
You say you have an Afcad - is this a part of a scenery package?I find no default airport which uses SPWT as the ICAO code. Google does return a number of hits using Malvinas airport as the criteria - but nothing in Peru that I could see.Perhaps this is a ficticious airport someone designed. More details on your scenery package and where you found it might provide some clues.

Er, thanks David, but I don't think you read what I wrote...I find no default airport which uses SPWT as the ICAO code. My original post: "There's no default FS9 airport there, nor in FSX"Google does return a number of hits using Malvinas airport as the criteria - but nothing in Peru that I could see.My original post: "I've Googled this for an hour and can find nothing relevant "Perhaps this is a ficticious airport someone designed. More details on your scenery package and where you found it might provide some clues.My original post: "It's as if it doesn't exist - but it does, it's certainly there in Google Earth (S11 51 20 - W72 56 23)".The scenery is here:http://www.firlima.org/escenarios.htmlM. :-)

I spent about 20 minutes looking into this and it looks like this airport is part of a gas producing facility that is relatively new. It probably didn't exist when Microsoft built it's airport database. Try Googling - Planta de Gas de CamiseaHope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif