Sign in to follow this  
dusty_sourdough

missing sound file?

Hi. I have the MD-11 FSX and the fs2crew fsx version w/update.About the 35 min point during preflight I get an FSX freeze/fatal error. The message contains : sound\fs2crew\md11\to\cvr.wavcreation failed. Please make sure file is available...or something to that effect.I am confused and a little frustrated.Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Chad,That sound file should be there (I have it on my system) unless it's been corrupted or accidentally removed somehow.Try re-installing FS2Crew MD-11 and the latest Update to restore that sound file.Let me know if that does the trick.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,Thank you for responding. I did uninstall and reinstall several (4-5) times. And no successwith the installation of the missing file. I decided to try being a little clever and copied the .wav file for the cvr from sound\PMDG\MD11\various (the file named CVRTest)That seems to have satisfied the missing file request. However Bryan, I do not understand why the file is missing in the first place and can not be reinstalled...Thank you Bryan. If you have any idea(s), please holler.

Hi Chad,That sound file is in our installers.And I haven't had that reported before out of a large user base, and it's the kind of thing that everyone would experience, and I'd hear about 100 times a day!I suspect the CVR.wav file was already in memory by chance when you tried to install FS2Crew MD-11, and maybe that some caused interference.Did you load the PMDG MD-11 just prior to installing FS2Crew?Just a wild guess, that.That's my only explanation.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,Yes, I did install the MD-11 just prior to installing the FS2crew MD-11 version.I was scratching my head as I had searched on the forum for an answer(s) prior to making a post. I agree that if it were an widespread problem, you certainly would be aware.I am not sure why I am marked for this weird anomaly.I do not understand why the installer is not depositing the file where it is supposed to, as it is in a different location that the MD-11 files?!Things that make you go...oh crap...!Thanks for your response. I am puzzled still on this.

Hi Bryan,Yes, I did install the MD-11 just prior to installing the FS2crew MD-11 version.I was scratching my head as I had searched on the forum for an answer(s) prior to making a post. I agree that if it were an widespread problem, you certainly would be aware.I am not sure why I am marked for this weird anomaly.I do not understand why the installer is not depositing the file where it is supposed to, as it is in a different location that the MD-11 files?!Things that make you go...oh crap...!Thanks for your response. I am puzzled still on this.
I'm still guessing the CVR wav file was in memory when you installed FS2Crew.At any rate, you manually copied the wav file over, so you've got it working.I'm sorry, that's my possible explanation at this point as I've never that happen before.All the best,

Hi Bryan.Ok, I guess this has both of us stumped. I am glad that the workaround was a success. I have used this (you program) successfully now for a couple days.Still scratching head on this......Thank you for responding again.

Hello,just to let you know that I've reinstalled FS2Crew MD11 on a new FSX in Win 7, And I've go the same problem with the cvr.wav file.I have installation file version 1.1 and the latest service update 3. Maybe we should install all previous updates before update 3 ?

vpa055.png

Hi Stephane,Hmmmm, well, you're the 2nd out of a large number of users to experience that, so it's hard to say what's happening. It's obviously not happening to everyone or I'd hear about it 40 times a day.Simple solution:Email me and I'll send you the sound file directly.Cheers,

Hi Stephane,Hmmmm, well, you're the 2nd out of a large number of users to experience that, so it's hard to say what's happening. It's obviously not happening to everyone or I'd hear about it 40 times a day.Simple solution:Email me and I'll send you the sound file directly.Cheers,
Well it happenned to me too.I had the MD11 and FS2crew installed in both FS9 and FSX without problems I recently upgraded my computer (hardware) and Vista 64. After re-installing FS2crew I started experiencing this problem. I don't know what else to say, but it's weird because it used to work fine!Thanks,Danny

Well it happenned to me too.I had the MD11 and FS2crew installed in both FS9 and FSX without problems I recently upgraded my computer (hardware) and Vista 64. After re-installing FS2crew I started experiencing this problem. I don't know what else to say, but it's weird because it used to work fine!Thanks,Danny
Hi Danny,That is weird. Again, I suspect it's an installer issue of some sort. Try re-install FS2Crew again doing a cold re-boot.If that still fails, please email me and I'll send you the file manually.Best,

Hi Danny,That is weird. Again, I suspect it's an installer issue of some sort. Try re-install FS2Crew again doing a cold re-boot.If that still fails, please email me and I'll send you the file manually.Best,
Thanks for your quick response. I decided to investigate further... I openned the start ctr and clicked on US voices to re-install and problem solved. Just to mention on the previous installation I did not have the different voice packs installed.Thanks for your support, now I have to get back to my MD11 and J41.Danny

Guest Reantwist

Can you both empty your browser cache and redownload the msi installer file?Then execute the msi installer file.You will then be shown an option to repair or uninstall the Reader.Try to uninstall the Reader Desktop this way.

HI Well just had the same problem. Same file missing. The only change i have done is to buy the voice commander.I will try do the suggestion you make.But if the solution is that I need to install a new Euro sound file where can I find it?Happy New YearJens juleanjmn@yahoo.dk

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark