Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

Project AI again...

i'm having problems with project ai again... this time the atr 42-300won't appear in the listof flyable aircraft. is this supposed to happen?

Guest ha5mvo

There is no reason a Pai model will not be flyable.Check if you hace all the folders and their cfg files (sonetimes a missing sound folder or cfg can cause the problem ).If that does not help check that the value for 'Aircraft Type' in the .air file is 2 (you'll need an air file editor such as AirED for this).I wonder though, why should you use Pai aircraft for flying?These are especially designed to be used as AI and therefor have tweaked aerodynamics and a minimalised external model.There are quite a few ATRs out there you can use that will look and fly better than those intended to be used as AI.*edit*//Mike

while on the subjecti installed the united airlines AI files yesterday on a brand new installation of FS2002 with the installer from PAI,i went to LAX but did not see any AI, is there any other files i need to download to see AI aircraft or just use the installer that comes with PAI?thx!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

United Airlines is in the OLD installer format! Check for several things: 1) you pointed the installer to your correct fs2002 installation, the old installer defaulted to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002. If your installation is elsewhere, you now have a new folder in the C: drive; 2) Since the old installer format required a Base installer to add all the aircraft properties, you may be missing those aircraft properties. Look at your installation to see if you have some new folders with only texture files (Note: if one above, then you could easily see what the United Airlines installer installed); 3) Over the period of Project AI existance, they have changed their files to achieve better framerates and aerodynamic flying AI, which may not be compatible with the AI files installed with Project AI new installer format.I recommend not installing any of the OLD installer format files unless you are very familiar with unpacking and manually installing these files.

thanks for your reply, however i checked the aircraft folder and i got some PAI folders and in them were texture and aircraft.cfg filesam i missing something?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Clayton,Without seeing what you have in your folders and also what was compiled in your traffic.bgl file, I can't tell you what you might be missing.You might download AITM to examine and manage your AI - http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITMI have attached the UAL log file that should have been placed in your fs2002 root folder. It tells the uninstaller what to uninstall. It also tells you what was installed by the self-installer.NOTE: your drives and folders will be different from mine. Look in your fs2002 root folder for uninstalual.log.

The air file name is not the same one as used by the sim inside the aircraft.cfg, it should read "sim=paiatr42-3v4"; I could not get it to show up in the FS aircraft library until I made this change.NigelVancouver