Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

Why is there no 2d-only 747 Model for FSX?

Hi,I was wondering whether there is no 2d-cockpit only model for FSX, like in fs9.The reason im asking is because the full-3d model kills my system.. not only is there a VC which i can't use because of the FPS, but i believe it also renders the seats and everything.I was i could turn those off and just have the 2d panel.. any tips?Walter

None that I am aware of. I was able to fly the 747X when I had a P4 single core 3.2Ghz machine... maybe you have other performance issues than the VC model? I don't think it impacts the system unless called into view, but I'm not an expert.

Dan Downs KCRP

There is an option in the load manager for the 747x for virtual cockpit on/off. Don't know if it does anything as I've never used it off. Must say the 747x flies ok for my old setup and still does in 2d and vc.John Ellison

There is an option in the load manager for the 747x for virtual cockpit on/off. Don't know if it does anything as I've never used it off. Must say the 747x flies ok for my old setup and still does in 2d and vc.John Ellison
--------------The FS9 747 Virtual On/Off switch is essential for adequate performance on my 6 year old triple monitor/triple views setup.Alex Reid

Guest chrut
Well, I can turn the VC off by going into the load manager. So it works.

Hi,I was wondering whether there is no 2d-cockpit only model for FSX, like in fs9.The reason im asking is because the full-3d model kills my system.. not only is there a VC which i can't use because of the FPS, but i believe it also renders the seats and everything.I was i could turn those off and just have the 2d panel.. any tips?Walter
Try removing the virtual cockpit area in the panel.cfg file. Maybe removing the gauges will give you a little boost.

Try removing the virtual cockpit area in the panel.cfg file. Maybe removing the gauges will give you a little boost.
I do not recommend screwing around with the panel.cfg unless you like reinstalling your software, it's a very complicated panel and you are very likely to mess something up and render the panel unusable.There is no 2D only panel in FS9 either - that was the NG that had that option. In the FSX version you can disable the VC and in the MD-11 the VC is not drawn when the 2D is active anyways.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com