Sign in to follow this  
asanal

PMDG-747X FsPX

I am trying to allow FsPX passengers to board to PMDG-747X. All exit doors are open, but I am getting "Can't board Door is close" warning.I posted in FsX Passenger forum since April 8th, no help. Is there any member is utilizing FSPX passenger with PMDG-747X, If yes ,can you advise me how to activate FsPx to board the passengers.ThanksSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Guest lgvpilot1
I am trying to allow FsPX passengers to board to PMDG-747X. All exit doors are open, but I am getting "Can't board Door is close" warning.I posted in FsX Passenger forum since April 8th, no help. Is there any member is utilizing FSPX passenger with PMDG-747X, If yes ,can you advise me how to activate FsPx to board the passengers.ThanksSanal
Well I dont know about FSX but in FS9 FSPassengers only works with the default keystrokes for the pax door in this case shift+E or you may be able to remap your fspassengers door open keystroke to match your PMDG one MarkEDIT your door open keystroke must be the same for FSPassengers as it is for your 747 ??does that make more sense :( ??Mark

Well I dont know about FSX but in FS9 FSPassengers only works with the default keystrokes for the pax door in this case shift+E or you may be able to remap your fspassengers door open keystroke to match your PMDG one MarkEDIT your door open keystroke must be the same for FSPassengers as it is for your 747 ??does that make more sense :( ??Mark
Mark,Thanks for your reply. SHIFT+E works for LDS767X and PMDG-MD11X. But it doesn't work for PMDG-747X. There is no key assignment in FSpX keyboard list. I assumed it should be SHIFT+E, but it isn't. Here is where I stuck.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

Mark,Thanks for your reply. SHIFT+E works for LDS767X and PMDG-MD11X. But it doesn't work for PMDG-747X. There is no key assignment in FSpX keyboard list. I assumed it should be SHIFT+E, but it isn't. Here is where I stuck.Sanal
Shift-E is a default FS command for doors. Without a number following the command, it defaults to door one. I.e., Shft-E is the same as 'Shft-E 1'. Since it sounds like you have Shft-E mapped to doors in the FS keys because it works on other aircraft, I bet you have Shft-E assigned to something else in the PMDG 747X key assignments, thereby overridding the key sequence as presented to FS when the 747X is loaded. Double check your FS keys and PMDG 747X keys.I run FSPx and PMDG aircraft too, but you have to keep Shft-E seperate to use with FSPX. Then I assign keys to the PMDG doors such as Tab+1 = 1L, Tab+2 = 2L, etc... This way I control FSPX with Shft-E and the actual door operations with the Tab+1; unless you check the box to have the flight attended to shut the door, the he/she presses shft-e for you when FSPX is finished filling the cabin.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Shift-E is a default FS command for doors. Without a number following the command, it defaults to door one. I.e., Shft-E is the same as 'Shft-E 1'. Since it sounds like you have Shft-E mapped to doors in the FS keys because it works on other aircraft, I bet you have Shft-E assigned to something else in the PMDG 747X key assignments, thereby overridding the key sequence as presented to FS when the 747X is loaded. Double check your FS keys and PMDG 747X keys.I run FSPx and PMDG aircraft too, but you have to keep Shft-E seperate to use with FSPX. Then I assign keys to the PMDG doors such as Tab+1 = 1L, Tab+2 = 2L, etc... This way I control FSPX with Shft-E and the actual door operations with the Tab+1; unless you check the box to have the flight attended to shut the door, the he/she presses shft-e for you when FSPX is finished filling the cabin.
Al,Thank you very much you solved the puzzle. I replaced SHIFT+E PMDG-747X door key with TAB+1. It did work. Now I can board passengers to the plane.Best regardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

Al,Thank you very much you solved the puzzle. I replaced SHIFT+E PMDG-747X door key with TAB+1. It did work. Now I can board passengers to the plane.Best regardsSanal
Glad you got it sorted; have a nice flight and don't forget to close the FSPx door before takeoff. Otherwise you'll never get it closed, you'll have a hurricane-force winds sound in the cockpit and you'll have to redirect back to your departure airport. I know, I forget to hit shift-e to close the FSPx door before I've peformed a takeoff with a few too many beers, LOL :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE