Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

A thanks to Realair/Rob/Sean for the Duke

The Duke is a real joy to fly. I sent Rob a note regarding the issues I have with my Elite and Goflight gear and he replied in a hour. Great service and product. I now have all of their FSX planes and they do three things that really stand out for me. 1. The gauges are silky smooth. I don't think anyone has them beat on this. On the 37" screen that I use it is evident and appreciated.2. The plane feels rigged properly. By that I mean it turns with the coordination/uncoordination I would expect from the real thing. All control axis feel real.3. Side slips and stalls. Of all of the planes I have purchased no one, not even X-Plane with it's "realistic" flight modeling does it better. Cross controlling in a crosswind with their planes is as good as a desktop plane is going to get for the foreseeable future IMHO.All of the above three combined with great graphics, audio, and service make for a helluva product. If you can't tell I like RealAir.I haven't flown the "stick" planes much since buying a PFC yoke but I am saving for a Flightlink GIII+ stick. Maybe by Christmas.Thanks again,Charles
Let me add my thanks to this thread. I would have been flying the Duke non-stop, were it not for a lot of thermal activity here in Arizona which has me outside flying my RC sailplane the past few days. Visually the Duke is beautiful, and in the air it is wonderful to fly. Regards,John

I agree, fantastic aircraft, everyone should own it :)I do hear some sounds when reducing the prop RPMsAlso, a quick real life question about twins...When you say you fly at 24/2400, I assume thats 24in of MP and 2400 rpm?In FSX I rarely change the levers, save the mixture. I know it's wrong but I like to go fast. How fast can you go in the Baron if you do 24/2400 at cruise?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'd like to add my warm thanks too for this fantastic airplane.Great job!:-))

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Add one more person to the list of "Real Air Duke Fanatics". I am traveling and so didn't have too much time to spend on it other than what I did during the weekend. Looking forward to do it during this weekend.I just have to add the Reality XP Garmin 530 to this and I am a happy man.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I agree, fantastic aircraft, everyone should own it :)I do hear some sounds when reducing the prop RPMsAlso, a quick real life question about twins...When you say you fly at 24/2400, I assume thats 24in of MP and 2400 rpm?In FSX I rarely change the levers, save the mixture. I know it's wrong but I like to go fast. How fast can you go in the Baron if you do 24/2400 at cruise?
As for the sounds-I have a feeling it may be a limit in fs-the props should make quite a bit of noise and if not in sync it can be quite annoying. This is one area where xplane does shine.Ryan-yes 24 mp and 2400 rpm in a B55 Baron gives 186 knts.Lots of theories on how to do it. I always reduce to 25mp and 2500 rpm when about 800 ft. agl-then increase the mp to maintain that 25" until you eventually (if you do) reach the point it is full in. At cruise altitude pull back to 24/24 or 23/23 or if you really need to save gas even lower.

Looks awesome. I would have bought it if the plane had high wings... :( Pity I can't combine the Scout view-out-of-the-window with the Duke's panel and speed... :(

Another very happy customer here!!! Just one question, as the manuals do not come as a PDF, is there an easy way I can access them ? I usually copy over the PDF manuals to addons and planes etc to my laptop, so I can read them while in flight, the duke manuals are contained within a desktop programme instead. How can I get the manuals on my desktop? thx, Mark

The manuals are in PDF format. Look in your FSX directory under "RealAir\duke09\AutoPlay\Docs" folder. That's where they got installed. You should be able to copy them anyplace else you want.FalconAF

Rick Ryan