Sign in to follow this  
Guest hgpilot

RA Duke GPS

Guest hgpilot

Thanks to everyone at RealAir for a great product. My first RealAir purchase was the scout package and the Citabria and Decathlon "feel" just like the real thing. So I'm sure I won't be disappointed in the Duke.I do have a question though. Can the AP and GPS be linked? I tried selecting the NAV button on the AP but it doesn't seem to get the heading from the GPS. I still have to use the heading bug on the HSI.Thanks...

Thanks to everyone at RealAir for a great product. My first RealAir purchase was the scout package and the Citabria and Decathlon "feel" just like the real thing. So I'm sure I won't be disappointed in the Duke.I do have a question though. Can the AP and GPS be linked? I tried selecting the NAV button on the AP but it doesn't seem to get the heading from the GPS. I still have to use the heading bug on the HSI.Thanks...
There is a NAV/GPS switch to the right of the GNS unit... make sure it is set to GPS...

Bert

I do have a question though. Can the AP and GPS be linked? I tried selecting the NAV button on the AP but it doesn't seem to get the heading from the GPS. I still have to use the heading bug on the HSI.Thanks...
You have to manually set the course in the HSI just like in the real world unit. You can read what to set the course to in the upper left corner of the GPS.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest UlfB
I do have a question though. Can the AP and GPS be linked? I tried selecting the NAV button on the AP but it doesn't seem to get the heading from the GPS. I still have to use the heading bug on the HSI.
Bert is perfectly right! Just flip the switch from NAV to GPS. If you use the RXP GNS you just click the CDI button, which will toggle the switch automatically.

Guest hgpilot
Bert is perfectly right! Just flip the switch from NAV to GPS. If you use the RXP GNS you just click the CDI button, which will toggle the switch automatically.
Thanks guys. I'll give that a try tonight. I was hoping it was just something I overlooked. :(

This is what it looks like if you install the RXP GNS..

Bert

Bert,can you give me the change that you made? Is it some entries in some txt file? What do I need to to do put that on the VC?Please!Manny :(

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Bert,can you give me the change that you made? Is it some entries in some txt file? What do I need to to do put that on the VC?Please!Manny :(
[Window01]window_size=0.297619,0.342857visible=1position=8ident=15531gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100.....[VCockpit01].......//gauge07=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500, 0, 444, 700, 580gauge07=rxpGNS!GNS530, -75, 454, 775, 590.....gauge13=MyGauges!GNS530Toggle, 7, 299, 378, 69The only way I could find to pop up the RXP GNS with the mouse, is to add a popup gauge on top of the transponder. Keyboard Shift-2 will also do it, of course.Create a text file with the name GNS530Toggle.xml and put it in a subfolder toyour Gauges folder, and call this subfolder MyGauges.Here are the contents of the xml file:<Gauge Name="GPS toggle" Version="1.0"> <Image Name="blank.bmp" /> <Mouse> <Tooltip ID="">GPS</Tooltip> <Help ID=""/> <Cursor Type="Hand"/> <Click>15531 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click> </Mouse></Gauge>Also add a little 19x19 bit bmp file, all black, in this subfolder, and call it blank.bmpI'm not sure the size matters.. it is invisible, but needs to be there for the popup to work...Any experienced xml programmers, please jump in, if this can be done easier! :(Note: You can only start up and adjust the RXP GNS from the popup window!And, to see the GNS in the panel, you need to click the ON button on the GPS in the panel.

Bert

Thanks Bert.I'll give this a shot this weekend!Manny:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I wish I could use the RXP GNS, but I have Vista 64 bit which means I am out of luck I believe. Damn..*EDIT* I just read on the RXP site that the new 530 WAAS GPS runs on 64-bit Vista!!!! Must buy!!*EDIT 2* $40 for one gauge?!? Ouch! Might have to pass for right now. :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I wish I could use the RXP GNS, but I have Vista 64 bit which means I am out of luck I believe. Damn..*EDIT* I just read on the RXP site that the new 530 WAAS GPS runs on 64-bit Vista!!!! Must buy!!*EDIT 2* $40 for one gauge?!? Ouch! Might have to pass for right now. :(
You can use this unit in many planes... I would not want to give it back!And it gives you something new to learn and fiddle with :( Money well spent IMHO.

Bert

I'm using it in Vista 64. In a couple weeks I'll have the hardware interface from PFC so that their radio stack will control the RXP Garmin so no more mouse, this will work out well for cockpit/avionics sim based training. Check the prices for real world aviation training software, $40 is incredibly cheap, some of the books used for this training are more expensive. I'll second my friend Bert and also tell ya... it's money well spent IMHO.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I'm using it in Vista 64. In a couple weeks I'll have the hardware interface from PFC so that their radio stack will control the RXP Garmin so no more mouse, this will work out well for cockpit/avionics sim based training. Check the prices for real world aviation training software, $40 is incredibly cheap, some of the books used for this training are more expensive. I'll second my friend Bert and also tell ya... it's money well spent IMHO.
Thanks for the response, Bert and Zane. It isn't as much the cost of the RXP Product as it is the amount of money I have spent this week in general on FS. I actually own a few RXP products for FS9 (the older gauges they sell) and have always enjoyed them. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest hgpilot

I got so excited yesterday with Bert's screen shot of the RXP Garmin that I downloaded it last night. The new 530 WAAS version. I tried installing it but and configuring it for the Duke from the configuration menu but it crashed on me when I started FSX. I didn't have time to really troubleshoot the issue last last night but will tonight. I uninstalled it and will try reinstalling it and then use Bert's manual configuration method. Crossing my fingers... :(

[Window01]window_size=0.297619,0.342857visible=1position=8ident=15531gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100.....[VCockpit01].......//gauge07=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500, 0, 444, 700, 580gauge07=rxpGNS!GNS530, -75, 454, 775, 590.....gauge13=MyGauges!GNS530Toggle, 7, 299, 378, 69The only way I could find to pop up the RXP GNS with the mouse, is to add a popup gauge on top of the transponder. Keyboard Shift-2 will also do it, of course.Create a text file with the name GNS530Toggle.xml and put it in a subfolder toyour Gauges folder, and call this subfolder MyGauges.Here are the contents of the xml file:<Gauge Name="GPS toggle" Version="1.0"> <Image Name="blank.bmp" /> <Mouse> <Tooltip ID="">GPS</Tooltip> <Help ID=""/> <Cursor Type="Hand"/> <Click>15531 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click> </Mouse></Gauge>Also add a little 19x19 bit bmp file, all black, in this subfolder, and call it blank.bmpI'm not sure the size matters.. it is invisible, but needs to be there for the popup to work...Any experienced xml programmers, please jump in, if this can be done easier! :(Note: You can only start up and adjust the RXP GNS from the popup window!And, to see the GNS in the panel, you need to click the ON button on the GPS in the panel.
Say Bert, are you using this in Vista 64? I've tried it in Windows 7 64 bit, and although it doesn't crash FSX, fps drops to around 1 making the Duke unflyable.