Sign in to follow this  
Guest hgpilot

RA Duke GPS

Say Bert, are you using this in Vista 64? I've tried it in Windows 7 64 bit, and although it doesn't crash FSX, fps drops to around 1 making the Duke unflyable.
Nope, WinXP32

Bert

Guest ArtieLange
Say Bert, are you using this in Vista 64? I've tried it in Windows 7 64 bit, and although it doesn't crash FSX, fps drops to around 1 making the Duke unflyable.
I had the same problem, right click the FSX exe and turn off 'Visual Themes'.

I have to say, that looks absolutely stunning! Now, thanks to Bert, I have to run off now and purchase the RXP unit! Thanks for sharing Bert. :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I have to say, that looks absolutely stunning! Now, thanks to Bert, I have to run off now and purchase the RXP unit! Thanks for sharing Bert. :)
Happy to help... and sorry for the hit to your pocket book :(BTW, if you are happy to use shift-2 to pop up the GPS window, no need to add the MyGauges stuff..

Bert

Guest hgpilot

Bert - Doing your manual configuration for RXP worked great! That along with disabling visual themes and it loads up with no problem. I do have another question though. Am I missing something or does the RXP not load a flight plan from the FSX flight planner? The stock Duke GPS did, but not with the RXP.

Bert - Doing your manual configuration for RXP worked great! That along with disabling visual themes and it loads up with no problem. I do have another question though. Am I missing something or does the RXP not load a flight plan from the FSX flight planner? The stock Duke GPS did, but not with the RXP.
No-like real world you have to program it in at the moment.

Guest hgpilot

Geofa - Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that might be the case.

Guest bjablonka

Could someone please tell me what the difference is between the RXP GNS 530 and the standard GPS which came with the Duke?ThanksBernd

Could someone please tell me what the difference is between the RXP GNS 530 and the standard GPS which came with the Duke?ThanksBernd
The GPS that comes with the Duke is basically the FSX GPS with a pretty frame around it.Among many FSX limitations, is the annoying fact that the popup does not show the samepicture as the gauge in the panel.. ie you can adjust one, but the other does not change..The RXP Garmin 530 unit uses the Garmin trainer software, providingthe full function of the original unit. You can use the Garmin Pilot's Guide as documentation.The display is identical to the real thing.

Bert

Guest bjablonka
The GPS that comes with the Duke is basically the FSX GPS with a pretty frame around it.Among many FSX limitations, is the annoying fact that the popup does not show the samepicture as the gauge in the panel.. ie you can adjust one, but the other does not change..The RXP Garmin 530 unit uses the Garmin trainer software, providingthe full function of the original unit. You can use the Garmin Pilot's Guide as documentation.The display is identical to the real thing.
Thanks Bert. Do you know of any planes out there which already come with the 530?BestBernd

For FSX, none. The dreamfleet Dakota comes with the GNS430, but IIRC, it is not the newer WAAS version available on the RXP site.I think there is a Van's RV-# somewhere that is supposed to come with RXP gauges. I don't remember which RV it was, what the company was called, or which GNS it will come with... lol

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest bjablonka
For FSX, none. The dreamfleet Dakota comes with the GNS430, but IIRC, it is not the newer WAAS version available on the RXP site.I think there is a Van's RV-# somewhere that is supposed to come with RXP gauges. I don't remember which RV it was, what the company was called, or which GNS it will come with... lol
Thanks! I think I just get, I have wasted much more money on other FS pieces over the years:) This one at least gets some great reviews.Bernd

I had the same problem, right click the FSX exe and turn off 'Visual Themes'.
Thanks Arte, that cured it. Maybe I should have paid closer attention to the installer :)

Hi, I followed Berts instructions, but could not get it to work, I had no GPS, also now my RXP has the frame, but no screen showing, you can just see the cockpit and sky where the lcd screen should be. I just added the line as shown by Bert, when it did not work, I placed // in front of it took the // away from the original line. Now I have my stock GPS back no problem, but no RXP screen, what can i have done? Any ideas as to how to fix this? And ideas why the .cfg file edit did not work for me? I tried both variations, for with radio shoqwing and not, and checked to make sure i had no typing errors..thx, Mark

Hi, I followed Berts instructions, but could not get it to work, I had no GPS, also now my RXP has the frame, but no screen showing, you can just see the cockpit and sky where the lcd screen should be. I just added the line as shown by Bert, when it did not work, I placed // in front of it took the // away from the original line. Now I have my stock GPS back no problem, but no RXP screen, what can i have done? Any ideas as to how to fix this? And ideas why the .cfg file edit did not work for me? I tried both variations, for with radio shoqwing and not, and checked to make sure i had no typing errors..thx, Mark
Are you sure you created the 19x19 bmp and placed it in the MyGauges subfolder?