Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Can't save MD-11 FSX flight or panel

I know---I raised this question before and got some good suggestions but they didn't solve the problem. I wanted to save a flight that I had at the gate with aircraft in short turn configuration. Did the standard FSX Save Flight but when I re-loaded that flight the plane was spooled up and ready to go. One suggestion was that I needed to save the panel state. I opened "Save" in the PMDG PANEL STATE and typed in a file name. It then requested a description to go with the file. I did that and hit the Create button and got the message "Cannot Create File". Tried some other combinations of filenames and descriptions but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?Thanks,Eric

I know---I raised this question before and got some good suggestions but they didn't solve the problem. I wanted to save a flight that I had at the gate with aircraft in short turn configuration. Did the standard FSX Save Flight but when I re-loaded that flight the plane was spooled up and ready to go. One suggestion was that I needed to save the panel state. I opened "Save" in the PMDG PANEL STATE and typed in a file name. It then requested a description to go with the file. I did that and hit the Create button and got the message "Cannot Create File". Tried some other combinations of filenames and descriptions but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?Thanks,Eric
You should only have to save the flight after you configured your ac with the panelstate you want to have.The panelstate will be saved in it

I've had the same problem.It won't allow me to save the panel state, and I get the same message.When I save a flight it doesn't create a saved panel state. Hence FMC data is lost.Otherwise what a great plane.I'm using Vista 64 so it may be some security thing.Any advice appreciated.ThanksPeter Lucevan

Verify the pmdg folder and all subfolders have admin rights assigned. Additionally, I have turned off the nanny-UAC but be conscience of the ramifications before doing this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Verify the pmdg folder and all subfolders have admin rights assigned. Additionally, I have turned off the nanny-UAC but be conscience of the ramifications before doing this.
Fixed it. It was the security rights on the PMDG folder that needed adjusting to increase permissions.For information it was the boxed version I installed and I'm sure I answered all the questions right.Many thanks for your help. I can now stop part way through a flight - not very realistic I know.Peter Lucevan

Guest harrycs
Thanks for this Post. Changing user access rights allowed me to save panel states and to save flights with the panel states.

Can you pls outline the steps to properly assign the admin rights? I can't seem to get it and can't save flights etc. Would be much appreciated.Flybyte

Probably can if you are able to observe forum rules, which require full names and you might consider adding what OS you are using.

Dan Downs KCRP