Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

Jeppesen torture flights?

Ruling restores suit against Jeppsen linked to 'torture flights' By Howard MintzMercury NewsPosted: 04/28/2009 11:23:15 AM PDTUpdated: 04/28/2009 09:01:49 PM PDTA federal appeals court on Tuesday reinstated a lawsuit against a San Jose-based company accused of participating in the CIA's so-called "torture flights," rejecting the Obama administration's argument that it would expose national security secrets.In a 26-page ruling, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found that the federal government failed to document how the lawsuit would reveal state secrets, sending the case back to San Jose U.S. District Judge James Ware for further proceedings. Ware dismissed the lawsuit last year, concluding that litigation over the controversial flight program could prompt the disclosure of CIA secrets.A unanimous three-judge 9th Circuit panel disagreed."According to the government's theory, the Judiciary should effectively cordon off all secret government actions from judicial scrutiny, immunizing the CIA and its partners from the demands and limits of the law," Judge Michael Daly Hawkins wrote for the court.The American Civil Liberties Union filed the lawsuit in 2007 on behalf of five men who say they were subject to the government's "extraordinary rendition" program, which involved allegations they were kidnapped and sent to overseas prisons where they were tortured as terrorism suspects. The lawsuit was filed against Jeppesen Dataplan, a San Jose-based subsidiary of Boeing that is accused of knowingly participating in the government program.Jeppesen has declined to discuss the program, but has denied any wrongdoing or responsibility for the torture flights. Court papers show that the five men were kidnapped and shipped to various prisons around the world, including Egypt, Morocco and Guant

The CIA deprives you of sleep, the terrorist removes your head, and the ACLU :( goes after Jeppesen....that makes perfect sense to me. They should probably go after Goodyear next, I'm sure there tires were on the aircraft.

Ultimately, it is the fault of the Ancient Romans. If they had not invented concrete, then there would be no runways from which a rendition flight could depart and no need for any Jeppessen runway charts either. Join me, and the People's Front of Judea in castigating the evil Roman Empire.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ultimately, it is the fault of the Ancient Romans. If they had not invented concrete, then there would be no runways from which a rendition flight could depart and no need for any Jeppessen runway charts either. Join me, and the People's Front of Judea in castigating the evil Roman Empire.Al
If it is the fault of Rome-then we have to go to Romulus and Remus the founders. However since they were raised by a wolf -the wolf is ultimately responsible. ...and now Pita will want to get involved.

Well now you're just being ridiculous. You can't sue a wolf, though PETA and the ACLU would gladly sue you on behalf of a wolf.I was actually thinking about turning myself in. I'm sure that a portion of my tax dollars were used to pay for these anti-man made disaster maker detaining and interrogation flights, and therefore I should be sued for funding these operations.Thanks for showing me the light AC :( LUOn a more serious, and less likely to get me banned from the forums note: I can't wait to see how this somehow ends up raising GA taxes and fees. I'm sure someone in the beltway can figure out a way to make me pay for this.

Wow, just wow. I feel sorry for Jeppesen now. What amazes me is how the US couldn't just get the aeronautical information themselves!

Wow, just wow. I feel sorry for Jeppesen now. What amazes me is how the US couldn't just get the aeronautical information themselves!
As long as we're sharing our feelings of sorrow and amazement, I'm amazed that the ACLU has nothing better to do than go after a company that provides aeronautical information. I feel equally sorry for everyone that will eventually get tied into this pathetic display of a corrupt legal system. Feel free to quote me now and call me wrong later, but I would bet the bank that others will eventually be brought to civil trial in this matter. As I said earlier, even Goodyear could get roped in if some disgruntled ex employee tells the New Yorker that the company knew there tires were being used on these aircraft. Keep in mind that this is exactly what kicked off the Jeppesen case - one single disgruntled ex employee talking to a biased media outlet about what he claims to have heard (heresay).

The CIA deprives you of sleep, the terrorist removes your head, and the ACLU :( goes after Jeppesen....that makes perfect sense to me. They should probably go after Goodyear next, I'm sure there tires were on the aircraft.
:( It is ACLU - what do you expect? Logic need not apply.