Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Alex Reid as per your request

Alex, as per your eailer request, here is a screen shot of my new rig. jerrycwo4* Jetline Inc. computer with a duel CPU, factory overclocked to 4.02 GHz, * 3 seperate 512 MB GeForce 9800 GTX video cards(a seperate card for each monitor)* 4 GB Corsair Dominator SDRAM @ 1066 MHz* 3 - 26 inch ViewSonic Monitors ( VP 2650 wb)* a 300GB and 500 GB 10,000 RPM harddrives* Saitek Pro yoke, Pro rudder pedals and Pro Flight Switch Panel* Go Flight "corporate" floor standing Flight Modual

wow! I wish I can get something like that, but I have too many hobbies and not enough money :( May I ask how much the total was for that system?

Alex, as per your eailer request, here is a screen shot of my new rig. jerrycwo4* Jetline Inc. computer with a duel CPU, factory overclocked to 4.02 GHz, * 3 seperate 512 MB GeForce 9800 GTX video cards(a seperate card for each monitor)* 4 GB Corsair Dominator SDRAM @ 1066 MHz* 3 - 26 inch ViewSonic Monitors ( VP 2650 wb)* a 300GB and 500 GB 10,000 RPM harddrives* Saitek Pro yoke, Pro rudder pedals and Pro Flight Switch Panel* Go Flight "corporate" floor standing Flight Modual
-------------Jerry, Wow!- from me too! Very nice. What airplane is that- default or addon? You may be able to minimize the forward angle of the wings by ensuring that the outer monitors are more angled so they are at 90

Alex, I don't remember just what aircraft is showing becasue I have a nunber on "add-on" small single engine aircraft. I think that might have been the default Skylane 182. My aircraft of choice now it the B-200 King Air (Airowax{something like that}). I do also have a numer of Caranado aircraft. I cannt get my outer monitors exactly 90 degrees to my line of sight because of the width of the counter that I have them on. The feet of the monitors are on the very edge of the counter. They are not 90 degrees but they are faily close to it. My horozon DOES roll when I bank but it's not a big deal to me. After 6 months I'm use to it. Sometimes I can FEEL the bank in the pit of my stomuch. I have not as yet tried you receipt for "swinging the wings of the aircraft around" in a horizonal movement but that's the next thing I'm going to try. Now that all of the flashing and flickering has stopped, I'm pretty happy and satisfied with my rig.What are some of the "extra" scenery programs that you have installed? So far I only have a litte Mesh and G.E. Pro.( the GE Pro came already installed on my computer) I only have one CPU running 3 monitors so I'm being careful NOT to overload it. As it is, I fly with a steady 30 - 33 FPS. jerrycwo4

That Go Flight corporate modual thing looks awesome. Totally freaking awesome!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

What are some of the "extra" scenery programs that you have installed? So far I only have a litte Mesh and G.E. Pro.( the GE Pro came already installed on my computer) I only have one CPU running 3 monitors so I'm being careful NOT to overload it. As it is, I fly with a steady 30 - 33 FPS. jerrycwo4
---------------Jerry- With my 6 year old 'puter I use Ultimate Terrain- Can/AK & USA and Ground Environment. AutoGen is off (placing trees and 2 storey stone houses alongside runways is dumb!) And AI is about 30. In setting up a plane for triple views I go back to single mon only- ie 2D panel and View Fwd only. Outer mons are black. I then adjust FS settings to get a steady 30-45 FPS. When the secondary views and popups are opened, FPS drops to 16-22. I wouldn't worry too much about FPS. I've checked this at least a dozen times: with triple views I can detect NO !!!!!!! difference in smoothness and fluidity between 16 -22 with triple views and 30-45 with single view. Now that's value!Night scenery at complex airports and Overhead or COM popups do impact FPS.One weird surprise is that even when in heavy scenery situations, the plane remains completely smooth and flyable right down to about 7 FPS although some scenery chatters may be evident. FPS is not a good measure of visual fluidity. (Since I have only one (ancient) CPU, only one view image can be updated at any time. The other two views are always static. I presume that's why my eyes/brain see the whole as very smooth. Because even though 1/3 is always changing- 2/3 of the scene is always static!)This combination of scenery enhancements plus a 145