Sign in to follow this  
Guest treeman

Complex Aircraft?

Guest simmer9304

Are there any freeware aircraft out there with moderately complex systems? I've tried the FSDzigns Constellation and the nice DC-3C airfile by an author who I cannot remember right now. Props would be great because I don't fly many jets but any aircraft with accurately modeled systems would be nice even if the visual model isn't very good. Thanks for the help!

Are there any freeware aircraft out there with moderately complex systems? I've tried the FSDzigns Constellation and the nice DC-3C airfile by an author who I cannot remember right now. Props would be great because I don't fly many jets but any aircraft with accurately modeled systems would be nice even if the visual model isn't very good. Thanks for the help!
http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/bac_1-11.htm

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest belga1

Hello,

Props would be great because
BAC Eleven Nice plane.This plane have indeed a lot of blades .. but they are in the turbines 26253307.gifCheck for the Tupolev TU-95 .. have also a lot of blades on the propellers 26253307.gifCheck also for the Antonov 26 .. very nice twin. (a little more complex panel tough)Regards.bye.gif

There's a pretty good freeware ATR-42 kicking about, in fact there's more than one and I believe they are in the Avsim library. Being freeware they are not as good as the Flight 1 ATR-72, but then again, that'll cost you thirty quid. for older aircraft, there's quite a nice Boeing 247 kicking about, also to be found in the Avsim library, also a decent Lockheed L-10 Electra, not quite as good as the one you get in Around the World in 80 Flights, but pretty damn good for free.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest simmer9304

Thanks for the ideas I like the new Constellation and the An-26 those two are great along with the Boeing 247. Planes that have failures built in and complex panels are just what I'm looking for. The BAC-11 looks interesting too and I may have to try out my skills at flying jets.

TU 154M and 154B, and also Ready for Pushback 747.
Whaaa!....you trying to kill him!? :( B) You picked my two favourites. :( ....I used to have a smooth hairless chest. After years of flying these two...it's now like a furry rug. :(

You said mostly props, but still, try this one: iFly 747-400. It's one of the few freeware aircraft with an FMC, virtucal cockpit and virtual cabin that is truly enormous. The only problem I had with the iFly 747 was the way they modelled the nose: it simply looked weird. That's the reason I ended up chucking it out again.And, ya know, I dislike the RFP 747-200. I simply don't like that model. I don't like the soundset. I hardly like anything about that, just the panel simulation. I think I'll probably end up buying the CLS747 and if I can, I'll try and merge the RFP panel with the CLS747. For now, I'm using the Aerosim CL1 package for my classic Boeings (except the 727, I have much better aircraft for those).But definetely the Project Tupolev Tu-154B2 and M. They are great, absolutely great, and completely worthy of a $50 price tag (if not more).

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Whaaa!....you trying to kill him!? :( B) You picked my two favourites. :( ....I used to have a smooth hairless chest. After years of flying these two...it's now like a furry rug. :(
Agreed 100%Hardcore only need apply - but not that difficult if you have a little patience to read the manual.http://www.fs-proteam.com/products.html

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

While I know this is for FS9, if you want an excellent EXCELLENT simulation of heavy prop systems, check out the A2A Stratocruiser. It's only for FSX, but it sounds like it would be right up your ally. For FS9, the Aeroworx Kingair is good, though a turboprop...There's the freeware Yakovlev Yak-18T in the library, though it may not be a complex enough airplane for you. Those are the only ones that come to mind. Sorry I couldn't help more!

Guest simmer9304

Thank you all for your fantastic suggestions I'm going to have to be doing quite a bit of flying soon! Some of those jets (especially the 747) sound a bit intimidating but I may have to see if I can make the jump to jets soon. The Tu-154 is one I would like to fly sometime but I need to work on flying smaller props firstI would like to check out the A2A Stratocruiser but 6 year old system can't handle FSX so I'll have to look for similar complex propliners for FS9. The Aeroworx Kingair is also interesting looking along with the Yak-18T which I may have to look into for my VFR sightseeing.I am trying out Rick Piper's HS.748 right now and so far it is just about the right amount complexity for me.Thanks again for all of the aircraft suggestions!