Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

RealAir Duke problem....

Hello all,I can't seem to get the RealAir Duke "Cold and Dark" option to work. No matter how may times I set the option "Cold and Dark" in the RealAir config., the engines are always on when I load the aircraft. Any ideas?Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hello all,I can't seem to get the RealAir Duke "Cold and Dark" option to work. No matter how may times I set the option "Cold and Dark" in the RealAir config., the engines are always on when I load the aircraft. Any ideas?Thanks!
Hi Arklight,It never failed in testing so I wonder what you have in FSX that would cause this. Can't be certain but could you please check you have auto-mixture disabled in FSX aircraft/realism. Also please be sure you run the config panel as administrator with full rights to be certain that your preferences are being saved and of course please make sure you actually SAVE your options before exiting the configuration. If something else occurs to me I'll post again. In the meantime a work around is to load the Duke, switch everything off then SAVE a flight.Kind regards,Rob Young - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Arklight,It never failed in testing so I wonder what you have in FSX that would cause this. Can't be certain but could you please check you have auto-mixture disabled in FSX aircraft/realism. Also please be sure you run the config panel as administrator with full rights to be certain that your preferences are being saved and of course please make sure you actually SAVE your options before exiting the configuration. If something else occurs to me I'll post again. In the meantime a work around is to load the Duke, switch everything off then SAVE a flight.Kind regards,Rob Young - RealAir
Hello Rob,Thanks for the response. I have done all of the things you have suggested and the engines are still on when I start flightsim. It is sort of wierd since all of the other aircraft I have with the "Cold and Dark" option seem to function fine. I don't really have that many add-ons installed so I am not sure what it could be. I will do the work around until I can figure it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Ark - Just a WAG as I do not have the Duke - try setting the default flight foer FSX with the C172 cold & dark and save it. Load it and then load the Duke and see if it changes. Then save the Duke flight ( as default, if you wish) and try to load it.Had similar experiences with other a/c and it usually traced back to a non standard default setup.As is said - just a WAG.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ark - Just a WAG as I do not have the Duke - try setting the default flight foer FSX with the C172 cold & dark and save it. Load it and then load the Duke and see if it changes. Then save the Duke flight ( as default, if you wish) and try to load it.Had similar experiences with other a/c and it usually traced back to a non standard default setup.As is said - just a WAG.Vic
I will give it a go. Thanks, Vic.

Ark

Guest abulaafia

I have the same problem. Vista 64, Fsx in C:\FSX, Cold and Dark doesn't work. Tried suggestions above. I put it down to the Saitek Yoke+Quadrant, which IIRK was the problem with another add-on. Do you have those by any chance?

Guest baja94

I have the saitek quandrant and I am using Vista 64. I use the startup file that flight1 says to start up with the Mustang. I then switch to the Duke and it is cold and dark. When the Duke is first loaded I just need to move the Prop and mixture to there limits first then pull the mixture away from full rich a little before startingJim

Hello Rob,Thanks for the response. I have done all of the things you have suggested and the engines are still on when I start flightsim. It is sort of wierd since all of the other aircraft I have with the "Cold and Dark" option seem to function fine. I don't really have that many add-ons installed so I am not sure what it could be. I will do the work around until I can figure it out. Thanks for the suggestions.
Indeed the cold and dark loads not correctly :(Just click on the fuel switches and you be surprised ;-) don't move them just click ;-)

André

I have the same problem. Vista 64, Fsx in C:\FSX, Cold and Dark doesn't work. Tried suggestions above. I put it down to the Saitek Yoke+Quadrant, which IIRK was the problem with another add-on. Do you have those by any chance?
No Saitek Yoke + Quadrant here. I am using a CH FIghterstick USB. I will try my CH Yoke as well and see if that changes anything.

Ark

Guest Seria17hri11er
No Saitek Yoke + Quadrant here. I am using a CH FIghterstick USB. I will try my CH Yoke as well and see if that changes anything.
I have this same problem. I have saitek proflight yoke and throttle quadrant. I shut down the engines by cutting the mixture to perform my preflight. When I try to restart the engines, they will not. I have to hit CTRL + E, and they will autostart... Irritating. Duke SP1 FSX SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 Bit.

Hi all,Same problem here : no cold and dark, and when I try to start the engines after shutting down everything (following the check list, they don't light up... Can live with it, but yes, just a little irritating.FSX with Acceleration, XP SP2, Saitek Yoke, CH Throttle quadrant.Henri

Guest Seria17hri11er

Additionally, I tried removing and reinstall the aircraft. It made no difference.

Are you starting from a default aircraft in the sim? Are you starting from a default aircraft already in cold and dark? Are you starting the sim, choosing the default flight THEN selecting the cold'n'dark Duke?There is a common problem with FS that switches can get `out of phase` with their apparent, visible settings in VC (and 2D). If that is the case and you then attempt to load an aftermarket aircraft that may not use all those switches, or have them programmed outside of the SDK for added functionality, then it is quite easy to have `off` as `on` and `on` as `off`.I would suggest removing all variables. DO NOT reinstall the aircraft, there's nothing wrong with it. Start the sim. Choose the default Cessna and a starting position on a default airport runway. The default WILL start with the engine running. NOW switch to the cold'n'dark Duke and see what happens. Just as a double negative makes a positive, I suspect your .flt that you are using prior to selecting the Duke has a carryover setting from something else that is making the `off` into an `on`. Once you have established that the Duke is cold'n'dark, save that flight, and then use that to begin any simming session which involves startup with that aircraft.

Snave's advice is good. In a long testing period the Cold and Dark never failed. I can only imagine that some people have wierd and wonderful setups, or cfg edits, or perhaps something beyond their control but we tested the Duke's cold and dark settings many many times.But even if it does not work, it really is not a show stopper. All you have to do is switch everything off then save the flight. That takes less time than posting on this forum!All the best,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Snave's advice is good. In a long testing period the Cold and Dark never failed. I can only imagine that some people have wierd and wonderful setups, or cfg edits, or perhaps something beyond their control but we tested the Duke's cold and dark settings many many times.But even if it does not work, it really is not a show stopper. All you have to do is switch everything off then save the flight. That takes less time than posting on this forum!All the best,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations
I just purchase the duke a few days ago and I am having a heck of a time getting the cold and dark working as well. My specs are in my sig. Other than that feature not working for me, it really is a great aircraft! Thanks for the hard work, I didn't second guess my purchase.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png