Sign in to follow this  
darem

Most immersive FSX setup

Hi,I wonder what you do to get the most immersive (not realistic) FSX setup for you. I am not talking about scenery, meshes and other ground related things like landclass, nor am I talking about hardware, but about everything that adds to the feeling you are in a living and interactive world. Here's what I am using for that:- World of AI for traffic. I like to see traffi that is close to real world flight plans.- REX for sky and clouds, and ASA for generating the weather. ASA does a better job for me.- MCE or IYP for voice commands. IYP seems to be more mature, MCE has a potentially better integration of FSX ATC.- Helitraffic 2009 for rotorblades traffic.- Follow me for the Follow Me car on airports. Looking foward to Enhanced Airport Services for the FSX airports :-)- Air Hauler and FSPassengersX for some meaningful flying jobs.Do you have something else? Tell me :-)

Guest 186groundhog

FS Economy for the immersion of running your own airline.FSEconomy

Guest PPSFA

The #1 imersion factor for me is flying in multiplayer. There is nothing to compare to having another pilot in the cockpit with you, running checklists, while at the same time other pilots are getting ready for the trip. Having a bunch of guys all flying different planes to the same destination, using real weather, chattering on the radio, and having one act as ATC, is about as immersive as it gets. No Ai planes, no tinny default voices, just real people following real procedures, all while sitting in air conditioned confort does it for me.

It really doesn't matter to me, as long as I am having a good time.However, once in a while, I do have my wife come in and sit on my lap so I feel like I fly for United Airlines. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest jshyluk

My most immersive add-ons ARE scenery and hardware! Specifically, some decent local scenery for the area I fly in, a TrackIR, and some rudder pedals. If you get lots of hardware, the payware FSUIPC will help FSX keep track of all your equipment. The only item I would suggest without reservation that's not scenery or hardware is AISmooth, as that helps the AI aircraft a lot. Beyond that, if you want to spend serious time with the sim, I'd suggest Mission Creator software like FSXME or Instant Mission Creator. Those are definitely immersive, and allow you to fiddle with FSX to the limit of your creativity.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Personally I like things like MCE and Vox ATC, which of course give you more interaction with the sim, also Air Hauler and stuff like it give us a reason to make a flight in the first place, and I like Flight Keeper's moving map ACARs thingy, because it lets you track other aircraft and see what towns you are flying over, so it makes exploring a bit more engaging. Sort of coupled with that I like using real world weather, so that if you do go somewhere new, you can see what the weather is doing there.Add on traffic and scenery also help with all that. If you make a long airliner flight, it's kind of nice to hear all the different regional airlines coming onto ATC and see the real scenery, although that always makes me wish the controllers had regional accents, it's a bummer to be handed off to Sheremetyevo ATC and hear some drawling Yank accent or that whiney nasal Brit call you up from an ATC centre that's supposed to be on the outskirts of Moscow.By the way, am I the only person who would like to slap that Brit ATC dude and tell him to talk faster?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

However, once in a while, I do have my wife come in and sit on my lap so I feel like I fly for United Airlines. :)
oooh naughty!I like it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |