Sign in to follow this  

NEED URGENT HELP FOR ARIANA BBJ WINGVIEW

Hello,Would appreciate someone to help regarding assigning wingview for Ariane BBJ and so far have found no relevant info in Ariane manual.I would like to know if someone had the problem and how to solve it.What do I want to do ?Just see the wings from several different fixed-cockpit views, such as view left, view right,(to see wings at 90/270 degrees) and view forward left and forward right (to see wings at 135/225 degrees). I am used to assign standard aircraft views using the panel.cfg text together with bmp.files places in ac panel folders, but with the Ariane BBJ, it seems this has to be worked out from the aircraft.cfg, using eyepoints as reference, as the wing-pair has to be moved back/forward to create different wing views.The documentation downloaded with the aircraft is very poor on this matter, could therefore someone help me on this one.Many thanks for your help.Patrick Geneva

Guest Toni Rauch

PatrickHave you tried writing an email to 'Bobbo' at Ariane asking specifically how to set the views up?He's notorious for replying to support questions.....Toni.

Toni and I both have issues with Ariane, although I don't feel his answer is appropriate in this case, as you're simply asking for help.There's a couple of different ways you can set up wing views. One as you mention is through the eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg. It can be opened in notepad, and the first number controls the fore/aft position of the view. "-15" usually works to move the view just back of the wing.The drawback with this method is your pilot's perspective also gets moved back, which isn't good when trying to land and taxi around gate areas.So, there's a second option of editing the panel.cfg. This link discusses it far better than I can. Scroll down the thread, and look at the section that describes how to edit the panel.cfghttp://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search

Guest Toni Rauch

John, I was being serious!When the question of the wing views first arose, I remember someone reported asking Ariane specifically for help setting the views up and got a very detailed reply!Toni.

I know--I answered right away because I know, having seen up to a two week turnaround on emails to Ariane/Bobbo, that this gentleman didn't need to go through that if I had the answer at my fingertips. In essence, that's what this forum is about. -John

John and Tony,Many thanks for your help.I was quite desesperate as I found Ariane support quite poor for this kind of question.Will try that. Many thanksPatrick

John,After reading your comments, I just need some clarification to make sure I got it right !Let's immagine two scenarios to include Ariane wing views; this is what I understand I should do:1) Keeping Ariane default FS2K2 original panel.a) Amend Ariane Aircraft.cfg file with default view point as suggested:( ADD view position info as described into default FS2K2 737_400 panel.cfg (Ariane panel.cfg refers to "alias=default 737400 panel)or,2) Merging Ariane and my DF 737400 (I just downloaded a merge file 2.1b at Ariane site)a) Amend Ariane Aircraft.cfg file with default view point as suggested:( MODIFY DF737_400 panel.cfg with view position info as described.This leaves me with some questions:1) The panel.cfg view positions, (as indicated in your link), must refer to transparent views to see Ariane wings (as they cannot be placed as BMP in a panel.cfg file, (being part of the aircraft) as we usually do for other aircrafts) ???If yes, can I use the DF seat.view bmp and see the Ariane wings through it ?I saw this in a screenshot in a forum sometime ago.2) Regarding the DF/Ariana merge itself; As I understand the merge is created to fly anAriane aircraft using a DF panel. Is that no way to reverse the situation, by keeping a DF aircraft (I prefer DF airfiles) and adding on it the plus of the Ariane aircraft, such as; better wings (moving flaps); airstairs, opendoor, landing lights from cockpit view and turn left/right pushback option???I hope you will get my English, Many thanks again for your time as I feel quite excited to merge the best of both worlds with those 2 aircrafts.Patrick