Sign in to follow this  
Guest evanxmcr

real life plane heights vs fsx

Guest evanxmcr

recently i went to vancouver from toronto and i recorded all the altitudes and speeds so i can fly it. unfortunately when i tried to match my speeds and height on fsx the plane simply stalled and to such a degree that i barely recovered.does anyone know the reason for this?

How did you record your altitude/speeds from this real flight? Watching the monitor in the passenger cabin? This shows the actual ground speed, you will never match this to your indicated speed. Do NOT try to match this speed with your simulated indicated speed. Unless you were in the cockpit recording altitudes/indicated speeds the data you collected is useless. You also probably tried to climb to your cruise altitude too fast - that could be another reason for your stall. I suggest you go to the "flight school" forum where you can read more about fundamentals of aviation.In short there are multiple reasons why you could have failed in replicating the flight:1. indicated versus true speed2. winds --> ground speed3. weight of the aircraft - unable to climb to cruise after takeoff (step climbing required)4. FSX aircraft (which one was that ?) is not very well simulated.

Guest evanxmcr

makes sence yes i did get it off the monitor thanks