Sign in to follow this  
Fotoflyer

Help With VFR Generation X Problem

I'm sure this topic has been brought up before; I just can't find it on the forums.I have VFR Generation X from Horizon Simulations and the problem is that the World Map/Flight Planner Map gets covered in blue tiles as soon as I open it and look over the UK. This only happens when Generation X is enabled in scenery options. In effect, the UK disappears underwater and is the same colour as the surrounding sea which makes any detailed flight planning impossible. If I disable Generation X, then all is normal.Could somebody please point me in the right direction for an answer. I'm sure it is something to do with the settings; just don't know what though.Safe flyingFotoflyer

It's a known problem and there is nothing that you can do about it. There must be a topic on the Horizon forum explaining it, but I can't find it. But everyone who has this addon, has this problem. I remember someone being pretty ###### about it and who said this should have been mentioned on the site as a major drawback... To me it's not a big problem (specially since I only fly above FTX Australia nowadays :( ). But you will have to get used to it, I am afraid...

Anyone who has any true photo-scenery will have this problem its not just a Horizon problem, its because Aces broke yet another thing in the SDK's for SP1 and SP2. It was fine previous to any of the service packs.

Cheers, Andy.

Anyone who has any true photo-scenery will have this problem its not just a Horizon problem, its because Aces broke yet another thing in the SDK's for SP1 and SP2. It was fine previous to any of the service packs.
Thanks fellas. I don't really need it that much, mostly for flight planning and just to have a look to see where I am. Might just have to get a third party flight planner. Any ideas please.Foto