http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/From their site it looks like the TIR 4 + headset clip can be had for 120 bucks, while the TIR 5 + clip is still $170I think the TIR 5 has a greater resolution.... not sure what that actually translates into as far as FSX goes.... I know a lot of people here use TIR 4 and love it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest DeskPilot

The V5 software is compatible with V4 hardware.The one issue I had was that for the first couple days Track IR kept forgetting I use the Track Clip Pro and not the hat clip. But that problem went away, and there is definitely better performance with the new software even with old hardware.Donald

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
So they still offer version 4 and now 5 for sale. I'm really tempted on getting this as a Christmas gift to myself. Are there some major differences that affect FSX that would made my choice clear? I've seen the product comparsion table but I'm not making anything out of it.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
A comparision video of the tracking differences canbe seen here - http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/produc...&modal=true

Thanks Vince, makes much more sense now.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
Thanks Vince, makes much more sense now.
No issues, glad to help.

Guest Staggerwing
No issues, glad to help.
Getting any idea time wise for software Version 5.1 Vince, my TrackIR3 is still working just fine When it DOES go bad, you can be sure I'll be buying another TrackIR, best thing I've ever done for my flight simming. Or is it not working out so well for the older unit?Thanks,

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
Getting any idea time wise for software Version 5.1 Vince, my TrackIR3 is still working just fine When it DOES go bad, you can be sure I'll be buying another TrackIR, best thing I've ever done for my flight simming. Or is it not working out so well for the older unit?Thanks,
Still no time line set for the developers to start working on it. The TrackIR team is currently tied up working on some other projects for our other product lines, so it will be at least next year before they can start to develop on 5.1

Well, I bought it and should be in the mail shortly. Hopefully this is money well spent, reading about all the users enjoying it a lot. Can't wait. :D

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Well, I bought it and should be in the mail shortly. Hopefully this is money well spent, reading about all the users enjoying it a lot. Can't wait. :D
LOL, I am totally blown away! Amazing how this thing makes life easier in the VC. Fantastic concept guys, I love it. I have a little hard time getting used to it to be honest though in terms of how the system is sensing my head movement and all but I'm sure it'll come with time. I'm on my first flight as we speak. :D

Jacek G.

Guest Therius

I just ordered a TrackIR 5. Probably be here in 4 or 5 days. I can't wait. I'm looking forward to using it in FSX.