Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD Larsen

ATC Vectors - How?

I have been reading several previous posts discussing the ATC Vectors available [and seen that they should be available from reading the FS help files]. Although I have been flying FS2002 since it was released, I have yet to be given any vectors by ATC. On approach freq, the only options I get are "transit B airspace" or "airfield options". I use either FS Nav or the aircraft's FMC to plan and fly my flights.Grateful for any help on how I am missing this facility - do I somehow need to file a flightplan from FS Nav to FS2002 ATC perhaps?

Guest moomox

I think the ATC in FS2002 is really lacking in a lot of areas. Right now with an IFR flight plan, at the very most they will tell you to take up certain headings in order to intercept the approach. So in a way they are vectors, but are never called that in fs2002. Most of the above stuff only happens when you have an IFR flight plan... for VFR you reall never get told what to do by ATC other than how to enter the circuit.FS2004 on the other hand, will have a much improved ATC service. Allowing you to request vectors, full procedure etc etc. Even requesting a different runway.Anyone else, correct me if I've gotten any of this wrong..

Guest groundpounder75

It sounds like to me that you aren't loading your flight plans into FS2002 and then filing it with ATC before your flights. When creating your flights from the flight planner section of FS2002, make sure the flight plan type is IFR. Then, create your plan, save it, and then load it. When you start your flight the first ATC screen options will be to get ATIS or obtain IFR clearance. Once you file with ATC you will get the vectors you are looking for.

Many thanks all - I ditched loading flight plans early on when I realised the FS start position from a FS flight plan was not coordinated with my airfield add-ons. I should be able to fix that now with AFCAD.

Guest KD Larsen

If you have FSUIPC, you should be able to get rid of the repositioning thing. But otherwise, I can only recommend that you dive into the AFCAD thing - it's great.