Sign in to follow this  
BAVTim

MD11 Paint Kit - FS9 Tail Night Lighting Problem

Hi,As there is no FS9 paintkit I have used the only MD11 paintkit available to create a repaint. All is fine until I get to the Tail Lighting at Night. Basically instead of the area where the lamp would shine being lit up - the whole tail texture is lit up...almost as tho the tail is in a room that is lit from everywhere...no shadow effects or anything just a bright texture. I've tried saving it as a DXT 3, DXT 1, Extended 32bit 888-8 and all give the same problem.Is there something I am missing?Best Regards,Tim

Hi,As there is no FS9 paintkit I have used the only MD11 paintkit available to create a repaint. All is fine until I get to the Tail Lighting at Night. Basically instead of the area where the lamp would shine being lit up - the whole tail texture is lit up...almost as tho the tail is in a room that is lit from everywhere...no shadow effects or anything just a bright texture. I've tried saving it as a DXT 3, DXT 1, Extended 32bit 888-8 and all give the same problem.Is there something I am missing?Best Regards,Tim
You are missing the alpha channel for the tail bitmap. If you are using the paintkit, be sure to save the image as DXT3.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I have been saving it as a DXT3 however it still seems to show the whole tail texture as light and not just the lamp shine area. I assume you mean DXT3 for both Tail_LT and Tail_L.bmps?

FYI I have managed to sort it out. I imported the alpha channel from a repaint (KLM to be precise) to my tail texture and voila!