Sign in to follow this  
Guest iberia999

Autopilot Horn off problem

Guest iberia999

Hi All,I have just been learning to fly the MD-11. Successfully managed to do the tutorial and custom flights after that. The only problem is that most of the times I like to land the aircraftmanually and so I will always deactivate autopilot. The problem is that once I deactivate it, I keep getting the warning "AUTOPILOT! AUTOPILOT! AUTOPILOT!" with that horn sound. As I make my manual approach, I still continue hearing the horn. Is there some way to stop the horn after disengaging autopilot???Thanks and best regards,James W.

Very common question, probably should be in a FAQ: Press the autopilot disconnect key or button twice. The second time silences the warning. Same in real plane.

Dan Downs KCRP

James,Press the autopilot disconnect key a second time. That will silence the warning.EDIT: Of course Dan beats me to it. :(

Guest iberia999

Can I check with you guys if this is correct??? :( Usually when I want to deactive autopilot and autothrust, i hit the AUTOFLIGHT button to disengage autopilot. And then I hit the 2 AFS buttons to off.Which one of the two must I press twice??? :( Correct me if I am wrong please because I do want to learn fly this one correctly :(It is my favorite plane!!!! And my favorite one to fly in FS and fly in real life :(

During normal circumstances never use that two AFS buttons. That is not for disengage autopilot and autothrust during normal operation.There is a button on the left side of the yoke for autopilot disconnect. Press that once for deactive autopilot and once again to silence the warning.There is a similar button for autothrust near the throttle levers. You can assign these two functions to a key or button on your stick via the pmdg menu.Matyas Majzik

Guest iberia999

Thanks alot Matyas, Dan, and the rest :( My main concern is resolved!!! :(