Sign in to follow this  
littlejim

Thomas Ruth airbus's

Hi all,A question why won't the Thomas Ruth models (A330/A340) work in Fs9......????? :( It's just such a shame I think many fs9'ers will agree with me on this, is there a chance to get it working in Fs9??? PleaseL.Jim

Hi all,A question why won't the Thomas Ruth models (A330/A340) work in Fs9......????? :( It's just such a shame I think many fs9'ers will agree with me on this, is there a chance to get it working in Fs9??? PleaseL.Jim
Anybody?

Anybody?
Probably because they've been compiled using the FSX SDK and, thus, are not backward compatible.

Bonkster hit the nail on the head - the aircraft is a "true" FSX aircraft - not a FS2004 craft which has been tweaked to work in FSX - and thus it is not backward compatible.All you need to do is compare the files in the model folders - a FS2004 model folder will have 2 files (a mdl and a mdl.cfg) while a true FSX craft will have 3 files - two mdls - the usual one plus one for the interior - plus the mdl.cfg file.

Wauw what a shame.Strange WHY won't somebody make it work work for FS9 and only for Fsx......? :( There are still many fs9 users at least that's what I would think. I can't use Fsx it's just to slow on my machine, however fs9 runs perfect.L.Jim

Guest belga1

Hello,

Can somebody tell more about this aircraft? Is it good? How about the systems, are very simple or complex? Does it have FMC? Any known big bugs? Your opinion..
As the topic is about a FSX model (Thomas Ruth) ask in the FSX forum.Regards.xsgs_9011.gifGus.