Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

ground tiles corrupt

Guest Mower

What causues this and how can I fix it please?Running FSX + SP2, GEX, REX, UTX and Scenery Solutions - Ultimate Terrain X - USA.WTH.jpg

Guest UlfB

Hi,I run the same add ons. Could post the coordinates to that location which enables me to check how it looks on my installation.And you haven't installed any other freeware or payware scenery than those you mention? None what so ever? Not even FTX?

Guest Thaellar

That is very strange looking. For the second poster, that is the Eastern Great Lakes. The small thin lakes in lower right quadrant are the finger lakes in upstate NY. Putting your aircraft in either Toronto or Buffalo/Niagara Falls area should put you right in it.

Guest Mower

No freeware add-ons for scenery no. CYYZ or KBUF will put you there.

Guest UlfB
No freeware add-ons for scenery no. CYYZ or KBUF will put you there.
Looks perfectly on my install. You could give this a shot: Use the UTX configurator and disable UT. Exit the configurator and the run it once more and enable UTX.

Mower,Uncheck UT Exclusions for default scenery in the scenery library and you should be ok.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Mower
Mower,Uncheck UT Exclusions for default scenery in the scenery library and you should be ok.
Thanks David that was indeed the problem!Cheers.

Guest UlfB
David,This made me curious. I have that layer enabled in the scenery library and I don't get any coastline errors. Do you why?

Uncheck UT Exclusions for default scenery in the scenery library and you should be ok.
No, do not do that! That will mean that you will have both the Ultimate Terrain X scenery and the default FSX scenery showing through at the same time causing more issues. You should never uncheck this entry in the FSX Scenery Library if you have Ultimate Terrain X installed.You will get this sort of issue if Ultimate Terrain X is not properly installed or has not been updated to the latest version. You can also get it if you have installed a product which has replaced the FSX terrain.cfg with its own version (e.g. FSX SP2 or one 3rd-party product which does this is the OrbX FTX product, if you are using that product you need disable it when flying outside of its coverage area) and so removing the required custom Ultimate Terrain X entries. You can fix this by just restarting the Ultimate Terrain X Setup Tool and it will re-add the missing entries during its self-test sequence.For more help with this issue, visit the Ultimate Terrain X support forum here over on SimForums.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

That makes sense, as the screenie shows a classic "iron cross" under the aircraft, which moves with the aircraft so it is not location dependent.scott s..