Sign in to follow this  

Lago Maddog 2000 with fs2002?

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi everyone! i searched the forum and did not find the answer to this question. Does Lago's old program MADDOG 2000 work with FS 2002? I downloaded the FFX MD-80 and a couple of panels to go with it and It was really good.But i was wishing i could use Maddog 2000 again because it had really advanced systems modelling and an excellent autopilot/auto thrust/flight director system.Does anyone know if it works in fs2002? I searched Lago's forum also and found no answer. thanks Johnny

Guest racartron

Check on Lago's site. I recall an upgrade to FS2K2 -- I think.www.lagoonline.comRacartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest racartron

I just clicked on the link in my post and it took me straight to the opening page asking for my language preference.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

>Hi everyone! i searched the forum and did not find the answer>to this question. Does Lago's old program MADDOG 2000 work>with FS 2002? I downloaded the FFX MD-80 and a couple of>panels to go with it and It was really good.But i was wishing>i could use Maddog 2000 again because it had really advanced>systems modelling and an excellent autopilot/auto>thrust/flight director system.Does anyone know if it works in>fs2002? I searched Lago's forum also and found no answer.Hi,MadDog by Lago is NOT compatible with FS2002. The only upgrade of MadDog is for FS2000. :-(This fact is very unfortunate since one of the best addons ever for FS is MadDog. Lets just hope that Lago will come up with a great highTech MD-80 program for FS2002/2004. ;-)Fly safe, :-wavehttp://www.scandicair.com/images/SA_Banner4b.jpg

Staffan

Something that *might* work (I don't know as I haven't tried it, and no one else has tried it either, AFAIK). You know how you can enter an entry under [Old Modules] in fs2002.cfg? Typically, the most common one you have to add an entry for is FSSound.dll under this section of the fs2002 cfg file. Well - aren't gauge files really dll's with a different file extension? Try entering an entry for each Mad Dog 2000 gau and dll that gives you a warning (saving a backup copy of fs2002.cfg, first, of course).The format is "DLL file=1" (without parenthesis) - example - "fssound.dll=1"So - you would add entries for any DLL files that give you a warning upon startup, as well as all of the .gau files for MadDog 2000.

Hi,You are somewhat correct in your theory.I have already tried the things you describe, but without success. :-(The gauge which is crashing the system is the Autopilot (the very heart of MadDog). I have been in contact several times with Mathijs at Lago, and he confirmes that there is nothing to do inorder to make MadDog work in FS2002, except reprogramming a bigger part of it. :-(Remember, that MadDog is a FS98 title, which was patched for FS2000. This fact alone makes it difficult to patch it to FS2002, due to a complete different way in programming some of the gauges.This whole matter is the reason why I had FS2000 installed until just recently. Today, the only "non FMC" title which can be compared to MadDogs system simulation (which was way ahead of time), is "Ready for Pushback".Faly safe, :-wavehttp://www.scandicair.com/images/SA_Banner4b.jpg

Staffan

Hi,It seems your prayers have been heared........ This was posted today on 'the other' simflight site:"Mad Dog 2004After we skipped FS2002 we decided to revive the Mad Dog for FS2004. Late this year we

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi everyone! thanks for all your replys.that answers my questions.I also kept fs2000 on my system for a long time in order to run Maddog because it was so good and very unique. but eventually had to delete fs2000 to make space for some new stuff.I was going to try to get it going in fs2002 but i guess i'll hold off since its already been tried and wait for the next version. thanks everyone! Johnnyvk

>MadDog by Lago is NOT compatible with FS2002. The only upgrade>of MadDog is for FS2000. :-(Correct, it and even that one was an moderate update from the FS98 version. I'm getting old:-)>This fact is very unfortunate since one of the best addons>ever for FS is MadDog. Lets just hope that Lago will come up>with a great highTech MD-80 program for FS2002/2004. ;-)Then I have good news. Late this year, very late.Mathijs KokLAGO