Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

Simple FS9 Timezone question!

Hello all...It may be clear enough form the title and description, butI'll give it a little more clear:when launching FS-9, it is synchronized to actual local time. It means that if I change my departure airport somewhere else it will apply timezone changes. this could be just fine, if it didn't start at the default Takoma Intl. with the cyurrent local time. It want it to start there with the current TAKOMA time, and not the one here in italy. This means that if I then move my position to Italy, I don't get the current local time, but a timezone-altered one, just in a way it shouldn't be. I see a possible solution as saving a default flight beginning in Italy, but is there another choice?? than k you...

signature.jpg

In a few words, I just FS sticked to REAL WORLD LOCAL TIME regardless of what I do in select airport menu, etc... meaning if I start the sim in the default kennedy intl, it will have the local time of SEATTLE not the one here in italy. If I then moved my aircraft to italy, it will then apply the timezone shift... and thus the time will be incorrect...

signature.jpg

This is an old problem with FS9..."A known problem in all Microsoft Flight Simulators is that the time keeps falling behind the Real World time. Also, when crossing Time Zones, the Microsoft Flight Simulators all change its UTC time instead of its Local Time, which can cause problems. The same thing happened when crossing the International Date Line but even worse -- by a whole day! For example, if you were flying East at dusk, when crossing a Time Zone, all of a sudden you would find yourself flying in broad daylight again."The above quote is from a program I recommend downloading called FS RealTime that has the BGL files to correct the time zone error in FS9/FSX. Timezones are modeled much more accurately (such as the half hour time shift in places like India and Australia and Newfoundland,Canada). And the GMT shift bug is corrected too.The FS Realtime program also keeps your FS in sync with real time. If you've ever timed a minute in FS9, you will notice it is not a minute in real time. It is either too fast or slow (I can't remember which) but this program will synchronize FS.You don't need to buy or use the program to use the BGL files in MSFS. But the program is well worth it to keep your MSFS synchronized!!http://www.3dsoftworks.net/Hope this helps,Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Mariopilot,I think what you need to do is set your default flight to your local area. For example, the default flight begins in Seattle in FS9 and so it thinks your system time is in Seattle as well. To fix this, do the following:1) Create a flight at a local airport in your time zone.2) Save the flight3) When the save flight menu comes up, make sure to click "Make this the default flight" check box. 4) Exit flight simulatorWhen you start FS9 again, it should give you the local time in your area instead of Seattle (where the original default flight starts). Hopefully, I understood your question correctly and this answers it.Joshua